Starting Screenshot

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Hello Team GONG,

Here is a screenshot of your starting location. Please note the following things:

There is y-wrapping. That means units can move from the bottom of the screen and appear at the top.

The screenshot is at 4050 BC because when creating PBEM saves, you must use the first turn to assign passwords. Creating this turn before 4000 BC was made so that the game does indeed start at 4000 BC.

You have 48 hours to play this first save.

Please post in the Turn Tracker in the main forum when sent.

You are to send all saves to Team BABE (all team emails are in the Team Info thread in the main forum).

So, good luck, and don't forget to have fun! :)

settle in place seconded, irrigate the cow then probably road it first build warrior for exploration heading east. Shields look like the problem for an easy 4 turn Settler factory - I can't see any bonus grasses, but that could be just because I am unfamiliar with the graphics. Might even benefit from a second worker before the first settler.

settle in place seconded, irrigate the cow then probably road it first build warrior for exploration heading east. Shields look like the problem for an easy 4 turn Settler factory - I can't see any bonus grasses, but that could be just because I am unfamiliar with the graphics. Might even benefit from a second worker before the first settler.
:crazyeye:
BG immediately North of the settler-location as well as another one immediately West of the settler.

:crazyeye:
BG immediately North of the settler-location as well as another one immediately West of the settler.

Ah - when I saw the green food dots, I was looking for a bluer dot to tell me it was a BG thanks for clearing that up! :goodjob:

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, I believe that we have a four-turn settler factory. :woohoo: Our big strength in this game is going to be our potential for growth. SF has to be the big priority.

Those are Flood plains to the NE and E, right? Why do they only show two food? Despotic penalties?

That gives us enough food for a second settler factory - although whether we have enough shields is still to be discovered. In any case we should be able to manage a 2 turn worker factory.

RFH's standard checklist when playing the Celts

4 turn settler factory - check
2 turn worker factory - probably
1 turn axe factory - still looking
Iron - still looking
Massive pile of cash - still saving

I agree with Dag. A computer may be dumb enough to fall for it, but if they see us growing really fast and the military advisor says we are weak, we are meat. Of course, with a one turn axe factory, it would be ok.

On the other hand, fast expansion is our big strength. IIRC, we've got the toughest AA force around (provided we get iron with a quickness). That said, I agree that we should have a third city getting up to 10spt ASAP to do nothing but turn out military. Make that a third and a fourth.

We can be safe at the beginning with just 1 MP per city, but if they see our capital or second city undefended, uh-oh.

I had this with a recent RaR game I played. First game ever with RaR, and I did not leave my capital defended (I never did in C3C). The English jumped on it- I was surprised. I managed to get it back with an archer, and my second city was actually a better capital position, although less food.
Celts in that game, too.

Top Bottom