Steam 2k sale (until Oct 7)

FeiLing

Deity
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2kpublisherweekend

CiV Vanilla and G&K are -50% (I consider that the normal price, so meh)
BNW is -33% (also a major meh)

However: Upgrading to Gold Edition is only 5€ now - so for a mere 5€ you get all DLC + GnK if you already own the base game. That is pretty good (and maybe even not intended to have the Gold Upgrade also be discounted).
Even if you already got GnK getting all the DLC for only 5€ alone is good enough of a deal imho!

The Gold Edition Upgrade option can be found on the base games store page here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8930/

edit) Apparently every day one of the games might get a better deal for just that one day. So be sure to check everyday if you intend to buy something.

Do you have to get Gods & Kings to get BNW? Trying to help my friend get it today. What does he need to buy to get BNW?

are you sure about the gold edition bug..?

because in the package i see only 2 games civ5 vanilla and god&kings.

sorry its true, but it doesnt say anything about the package i meant on steam, anyways i purchased the game to my brother and it worked.. i bought the vanilla one for 11$ > then the upgrade to gold edition for 7.5$ and now he has every dlc to date except brave new world.

If anybody here is a fan of Firaxis and turn-based strategy, I also highly recommend XCOM! I gave it a try back in February and became hooked on it. Now, it's one of my favorites, along with Civ and only a couple others -- I'm a very picky gamer!

It's only $10 right now, and if you like it, you'll be set for the expansion DLC coming in November. You can also play it for free this weekend to try it and see what it's all about.

So, is Civ5 worth the time/money by now? Haven't played it in ... almost 3 years. Has it improved/is it playable with the addons? How does it compare to BTS?

I'm not sure i want to try XCOM - i hate Firaxis for what they've done with the Civ franchise x_x i know that's stupid, but can't help it.

So, is Civ5 worth the time/money by now? Haven't played it in ... almost 3 years. Has it improved/is it playable with the addons? How does it compare to BTS?

I'm not sure i want to try XCOM - i hate Firaxis for what they've done with the Civ franchise x_x i know that's stupid, but can't help it.

I just don't get this.

There's already tons of information out there to help one make their own decision. If you can't manage to find anything, just look here for one of the weekly threads with titles such as: "Is Civ 5 worth it now?", "Should I buy Civ 5?", "Is Civ 5 better than Civ 4 now?" :crazyeye:

Heck, there's even free demos of vanilla, GK, and BNW available on Steam.

But, for whatever you think it's worth, here's my own opinion:

:yup:

@Barathor

Well, you know, i'm lazy ... ;) Thanks for your oppinion, i checked some reviews and decided that CiV is still broken, i mean... they essentially just added MORE things to the game, and didn't change any of the most broken mechanics (1upt e.g.). Flawed by design :\ Just like Diablo3. Both great games on their own, but certainly not in the franchise. I'm just not into this casual stuff, so i'll stick to BTS.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Top Bottom