Steam summer sale: Civ6 and more

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
gilga_summer.jpeg

Picture from the Civgame Twitter account, https://twitter.com/CivGame/status/1540020625145823234 .

Current sales of the Civ franchise and related titles:

Other notable sales:
The list is not exhaustive, but we tried to mention the most important games :).

I think, since it is Firaxis other flagship and maybe not "this kind" of strategy game but still a strategy game, it would be worthy to mention that

XCOM 2, depending on package chosen, has whopping -90% sale which I am going to use

I think for a range of games they're on sale too.
For Civ6, I don't know how that is if you have the addons, and you want to upgrade to the Platinum/Anthology edition, are there discounts for that, or not?
I don't think Steam offers that service (if you have the base game, you can pay a discounted rated to get the anthology). Epic does, usually at £40 but often discounts to £25. It's all full reprice on Epic at thr moment, though.

I think, since it is Firaxis other flagship and maybe not "this kind" of strategy game but still a strategy game, it would be worthy to mention that

XCOM 2, depending on package chosen, has whopping -90% sale which I am going to use

Played it on the Nintendo Switch some time, it came with full DLC. Although it didn't run fluidly on the Nintendo Switch, I found the game awesome, I really love tactical RPG's and was really hungry for it when I got to play it to the point I went through the main game and then the DLC with no pause for any other game. I was...and still am watching Star Trek TNG so playing the DLC was a real treat with all those actors from the show lending their voices to the new characters from the DLC.

In gameplay terms, is it like Mario Rabbid Kingdom Battle?
Sorry for late reply.
I can't say, never got around to buy that game, it hovers on my mind but I never seem able to pull the trigger. I remember the internet saying that it borrows on XCOM mechanics...but it's rather aimed at a younger audience. The game must be somewhat good to warrant a sequel that will launch later this year.

Sorry for late reply.
I can't say, never got around to buy that game, it hovers on my mind but I never seem able to pull the trigger. I remember the internet saying that it borrows on XCOM mechanics...but it's rather aimed at a younger audience. The game must be somewhat good to warrant a sequel that will launch later this year.
No worries. I'm just thinking in terms of mechanics - you control a few characters, put them behind cover, tell them who to shoot at, the enemy does the same, you wear down each others health, characters die, then the last man standing wins.

I looked up gameplay and it seemed to be like that. I was tempted by the sale, but I realised that it's the kind of game that I'd play a couple of times and then forget about, so didn't bother.

Top Bottom