1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Workshop introducing mod selling?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Hiram, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

This popped up above my workshop today:

Apparently it's got something to do with making mods for sale in-game or something and contributors get paid. Not sure how I feel about this. Anybody else able to shed some light?

2. killmeplease

killmeplease Mk Z on Steam

if its not a joke, i think steam will pay modders not modders selling their mods

3. bane_

bane_ Howardianism High-Priest

Celebrate what?
    Did you just upload something? It is your birthday? Was your son born today?

4. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Probably related to TF2 mods, contributors get paid when valve adds their items to the game.

5. Machiavelli24

Machiavelli24 Mod creator

It isn't a joke. Valve has been distributing money to people who have made tf2 content for awhile. Likely that message is just one of the steps they have taken to automate the process. I know of no civ 5 content being sold and I'm almost certain in the fine print of the terms and conditions mod makers gave up the right to sell civ5 content. But civ5 content is a subset of all the content the workshop can handle, which is why that message is there.

6. persisT

persisT Chieftain

7. BttLsht

BttLsht King

This has to do with Dota 2, CSGO, TF2 (all of which are Valve products) which you can produce content for a chance to be added in the game, each sale of your items adds up and in the end of the month you receive a pay check from Valve.