Steam Workshop Uploader Error (Infinite Loop?)

Woodmorning

Chieftain
Earlier today I was able to upload a mod to the steam workshop just fine. After doing some tweaking to the mod and cleaning up some code I am no longer able to upload it using the file uploader. There are no errors in the mod and it works fine in game (I always test before trying to upload).

Only now when I go to update the mod to a new version, it seems to get stuck when processing the files. It says "Preparing Content - 0 of 0 bytes." over and over again and eventually stops and does not continue...then it just sits there. I have left it open for about 20 minutes now and nothing changes. That can't be right...all of my files have data, none are blank....

I am at a loss....Any Ideas?

Attachments

• ModBuddyErrorCapture.PNG
    ModBuddyErrorCapture.PNG
    87.3 KB · Views: 404
I had a weird uploader behavior once, I don’t remember if it had been a loop, but I couldn’t update a mod. There was a problem with .modinfo file, it listed a file that wasnt there. The mod worked with no problems but the uploader couldn’t handle it.

I am not sure what the problem was, but I restarted my computer and the next time I tried the uploader it worked (without making any changes?) It seems to be working fine now.

This happens occassionally, when the connection between steam and modbuddy times out. Just keep trying again later - re-uploading; letting it sit won't help. Sometimes it also does update anyway with this error, so check your workshop on steam to see if that's happened, and if so, close out of the uploader. It's not the easiest thing to work with.

If this is consistent, avoid naming your mod with unusual characters - like a colon or semi-colon. Steam workshop sometimes doesn't like them.

I can confirm I also got the "infinite loop" for the first Civ6 mod I uploaded. It seemed like it failed, but it actually went through. So follow JFD-Hefe's advice and always check on your workshop before assuming the mod failed to upload.

I think this sort of thing may be even more common on heavy traffic days on steam, like right after a new game in a popular series is released, or during summer fire-sales and the like. And sometimes it's just because Steam hates you :)

Top Bottom