Step to the future MOD

ArbogLi

Chieftain

Hi! I post one mod I has made during this week, I was playing the mod "Through the Ages" but the future tech was too shor for me, so I added new technologies, units and buildings. This is not a realli big change, but I made it for me and if someone likes it better (and any ideas, your opinion or something tell me).

New technologies:

Spoiler :

New resources: Titaniun, Platinum, Helium-3 and 3G Phones.

New buildings, one new corporation and units... better give a play and discover the future wonders :lol:

If you find any bug, or you have any idea or something simply tell me :D

Download de game

Used MODs

- New War/Trough the Ages (part of the future tech free, some images and units)
- Planetfall v13 (some units an buildings)
- Shadow Hawk (BattleTech) and Marauder (Battletech), by The_Coyote
- ISSCV Dropship and Sa-43 Hammerhead Jet, by Refar
- [BtS] Religion and Corporation Screens, by johny smith
- scifi house/lab, by JustATourist
- CorporationCombo, by bmarnz (as reference to create my own corp.)

(I think that's all, if I forgot something tell me and I'll add)

PS: and if someone knows how to do a little thing... tell me!! I'd like to expand the number of turns, 100 more or something similar. How can I do that?

Looks nice :goodjob:.

And welcome to CFC :).

New resources: [...] 3G Phones.

:lol:

PS: and if someone knows how to do a couple of things... tell me!! I'd like to expand the number of turns, 100 more or something similar. And I need to know how the hell can I do to add as small icons the new resources, por example the copper appeard into the city right menu (when you have it, small icon and what generato: happiness, production, etc) or into the corporations resource list, but I can't find how add my resources images.

Assets\res\fonts\GameFont.tga and _75.tga.
But attention, these files are a pain in the ...., because you have to edit them very exactly.
And there are 2 layers in them, both have to be edited.

Edit: And for later, don't forget to add a credit list ;).
Not a big deal atm, but other modders can be picky about it.

I'll look the files you mention.

About the credits... I'm still re-searchig the units/building I used to add here. Almost done, I think that tomorrow it will be done and updated. ;)

PS: 3G phones... the mining of tomorrow!! :crazyeye:

Well... added the small icons... now I need some help: I'm creating a new corporation, the number 8, but when I load the games the corporation icos goes out of screen. How I fix it? --> solved thanks to johny smith little mod :)

By the way... if someones gifted into drawing world could help me, I'd like a logo similar to this... but drawing I'm not so good xDD

Spoiler :

My idea is something like this, a "T" but different to a simple t letter. (the corporation name will be "Titanium Unllimited")

[EDIT]
And other "BUG?" I have found.... in some ages, the cities have their building area normal, but in other times it appears fully extended without building because there really are not buildings to display ... I don't know if you understand me.

Any help are welcome (and your opinions about this little mod too :goodjob: )

[EDIT]
And other "BUG?" I have found.... in some ages, the cities have their building area normal, but in other times it appears fully extended without building because there really are not buildings to display ... I don't know if you understand me.

Did you somehow deal with eras (added a new one, for example)?

Um.... well, I added new technologies into the future era, but that was all...

And about may last post, one re-edition (again ^^). I solved the matter of see one more corporation with a johny smith python files modification, but in me last corp (the new) I see de logo, the resources requires, the foundation date but I can't see the great person required and before revising que code I'm not able to determinate the problem and an not so sure that the problem is in the new .py files.

And, as always... thanks a lot for the help! :mischief:

(I think that's all, if I forgot something tell me and I'll add)

This round scifi house/lab is from JustATourist.

Um.... well, I added new technologies into the future era, but that was all...

So you didn't deal with eras...:think: PlotLSystem.xml/CityLSystem.xml (included in Cultural Citystiles, if you have them in)?

And about may last post, one re-edition (again ^^). I solved the matter of see one more corporation with a johny smith python files modification, but in me last corp (the new) I see de logo, the resources requires, the foundation date but I can't see the great person required and before revising que code I'm not able to determinate the problem and an not so sure that the problem is in the new .py files.

If the other corps are displayed correctly, then it's an issue with the XML entry.

This round scifi house/lab is from JustATourist.

Added :)

So you didn't deal with eras...:think: PlotLSystem.xml/CityLSystem.xml (included in Cultural Citystiles, if you have them in)?

Well, I only included the files I modified, so I didn't inlude the files... I'll give a look.

If the other corps are displayed correctly, then it's an issue with the XML entry.

F**king XML.... I still remember how much can I hate this label language :mad: Bfff... I'll try againg tomorrow 'cause is too late for in here, but I think I have done an exact copy of all "corporation_7" issues to create the number 8 corporation, searching into the XML where it appears, etc. Any ideas to do this work easier? :rolleyes:

Well, well, well.... I think that my little experiment is over. I made it for me but if someone wanna play here it is.

About de files PlotLSystem.xml/CityLSystem.xml that you mention... I didn't touch they if is that about you are talking about. (Anyway, thanks a lot for all the help, it was very useful :goodjob: )

[Edit]

Here is a screenshot to see what I mean about the cities.

Quote "I'd like to expand the number of turns, 100 more or something similar. How can I do that? "

Have you found out how to do this yet? I'd like to try that with a few mods that seem to end just a little too soon.

Quote "I'd like to expand the number of turns, 100 more or something similar. How can I do that? "

Have you found out how to do this yet? I'd like to try that with a few mods that seem to end just a little too soon.

That is in CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml, look at Next War for an example of increased length / turns.

Top Bottom