1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Stone and Copper - Do you mostly harvest?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by GKShaman, Oct 23, 2019.

1. L4Psha

L4Psha Warlord

Yes, i also thought about inflaition, but mostly it's my playstyle them. A always play till the end. Late game is the most interesting for me. Especially after addition of the future era.

2. LMT

LMT Warlord

It may feel wrong, but it seems historically accurate to me.

If it's rainforest or woods, I'll chop away. If it's stone, I harvest. Copper & crabs? Depends on where in the game I'm at. If I don't get around to them until later on, the gold amount doesn't seem worth it.

3. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Stone I almost always harvest. Another big bonus to harvesting is if you can plan it to max bonuses. Magnus harvested Stone goes a long way to getting stuff up faster.
    Copper though I will almost never harvest. I tend to find that I'm never too flush with builder charges that I'd rather get the mine up on it a turn sooner rather than get some gold. Obviously back when we had Goddess of the Harvest, that was a different story, but I'd definitely love to actually see the math to see what the tradeoff truly is. Crabs I think would generally be worth keeping, because of both fishing boats and the adjacencies they give to harbors or fisheries.

4. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Sounds fair.
    Proscriptions on food and produce could be tied to other religions and cultures, e.g. meat and dairy in Judaism, no pigs in Islam/Judaism etc.
    Japan could harvest crabs, but it might mean the loss of a governor. :)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50178408

Alexander's Hetaroi likes this.
  5. tetley

tetley Head tea leaf

That's exactly the kind of math I had hoped to see on here, to analyze whether harvesting makes sense.

However, on turn 100 you are getting more than 1 production per turn from quarries. The techs start to make them yield more. And I have no idea what happens if Ruhr Valley enters into the mix.

6. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Anyone have a handy link to to the best "harvest any resource" mod available/working for GS?

7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

great quote. I would change the last bit to dying with a beautiful looking fat bank account that you enjoyed making.
    if you have 20-30 cities you have a barren landscape stripped of everything but with 10 cities you can mine because the workers are not so expensive. After all a 2:1 grassland hill is not as cool as a 2:4. You can do these things and still win and win well. In fact as long as you get ahead in science you do not have to conquer, just pillage. Make the game much more manageable.
    It’s funny but when I play with 10 cities and finish at sat T220 the game is shorter time wise than playing with 30 cities and finishing at T170. So I now hate conquering everything, and if you do not take (cities) you do not get so much hate.