1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stopping Automated Workers from Replacing Tiles

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Teejvan, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Teejvan

Teejvan Chieftain

I was just looking through the UserSettings.ini file in “My Documents\My Games\Sid Meiers Civilization 5\” to stop the introduction movie from playing (for which there is an option for) and noticed this little tidbit:

"AutoWorkersDontReplace = 0"

It's not as pretty as a button on the UI, but at least it's doable!

I've not tested it ingame as I don't use automated workers, but I just thought I'd mention it so those of you that do, can rejoice!

2. Newti

Newti Chieftain

*rejoices*

Can anyone confirm this working?

3. bengarrr

bengarrr Chieftain

yah it works...they really were funny about not putting that on the UI, and why they didn't have quick battle in the interface options instead of advanced game setup menu baffles me. Anyhoo just set the value from =0 to =1 and your done!

4. atsan

atsan Chieftain

i wonder if this works for road -> railroad too

5. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

Wow. So they put options in the game, and then deliberately refuse to put them in the UI?

6. Cymsdale

Cymsdale Prince

Is it possible to change the quick battle setting later in the game? Because I do enjoy the animations early on, but feel like turning it off somewhere around the 418th bombing run.