Straight to Monarchy?

My main consern is the Defense of our cities. I would like to see Hoplites (Excuse me for saying Hoplites but it is easyer for me to spell out Hoplite than Phalix (sp) :s )

I would also like to see an immediate jump to republic. Hanging Gardens should be built as soon as a second city is made so as to ofset the unhappiness. As for production, just disband any unnecessary defenders. The huts should provide us with enough NONE units and one or two chariots/elephants can be supported by a helper city to act as a mobile defence force against barbs. not all cities actually need a defender if the diplomacy is handled correctly. A small, elite, highly mobalised force can easily deal with any threats from barbs. Add some diplomats to this force and the AI can easily be held off. Some border cities will naturally require defenders but I do not believe that production has to suffer in any way by jumping straight to republic. However for this to work well we do need to get some cities down soon! (see the turn thread).

Top Bottom