Strange ambient music

Deon

Lt. of Mordor
Greetings.

Maybe it's because I am not a Star Trek fan, but the song which is played in space (most of the time) breaks the feeling a space for me when I play evil Borg or xenophobic Tholians. Why was it picked and how do I disable it? Thank you.

P.S. Found it. Probably it should be a known song for all Star Trek fans, right? I mean, come on, when a pop music starts to sound in space, it feels a bit strage :).

I think you're talking about the theme music from Enterprise (Faith of the Heart). It can be easily removed; just go into Assets\XML\GameInfo\Civ4EraInfos.xml and remove the following two lines:
Code:
				<EraInfoSoundtrack>AS2D_ENT_SOUNDTRACK_2</EraInfoSoundtrack>
				<EraInfoSoundtrack>AS2D_ENT_TITLE</EraInfoSoundtrack>

I just replaced the file, but still thanks :). The song is nice, but it doesn't fit in "general". It's ok if you play as humans, but if you plot a dark crusade as Tholians it's a bit unappropriate :). Other tracks are cool.

Gotta say I agree. Unlike most Star Trek fans I've got nothing against Enterprise, but the theme is totally inappropriate even there. :)

Hey Overlord Yuri, do you play Star Trek expanded? If so, wait 10 min and don't leave, I will upload its merge with Cloaking device by TC01. Sorry for offtopic, I just want to give you some present for agreeing with me :p.

Well, mostly ANY songs with words do not fit games. Soundtrack should be ambient.

Also, Jeelen, if you want TC01's code for cloaking in MOO2Civ for cloaking ships, I can help with it.

Well, if you need anything like this, I am worse than TC01 but still can code in python. So you can posts requests if you want, I will look into them in my free time (I usually have time for small things but not for big like projects).

If people feel it's out of place I have no problem removing it. If no one objects, you can consider it gone for 3.0.

Actually, I don't mind hearing it once (it is Star trek) - but it repeats and that's what brings up the annoyance.

Also, Jeelen, if you want TC01's code for cloaking in MOO2Civ for cloaking ships, I can help with it.

Now that is an offer I can't refuse. Would be great! :D

Top Bottom