Strange CTD

Yoshiegg737

Jungo Jungo
So I bought CiV on launch day and have been playing it on my laptop since then (not as much as Civ4), but anyway...recently I decided to put CiV on my desktop computer to play it since my desktop is twice as powerful.

It worked (The opening video plays for about 2 seconds before going to the main menu) and everything was significantly faster. Even when I started a new game, everything was working significantly well. Until about 3 seconds into a new game, where I get a CTD.

Any idea what is causing this? I have enough time to settle my first city when it crashes to desktop. I tried not settling a city, but it crashes. I try it without any MODS, but it crashes. The only thing different with my desktop and my laptop is my desktop has the Korea DLC installed and has the "Atlas" map inside the TransferedMap's folder and the Map's folder (not loaded when playing).

EDIT: I slightly suspect that it may be the Atlas map being in both folders, but I'm not sure. Is anything supposed to be inside TransferredMaps?

Top Bottom