Strange error while adding units

Kirejara

King
I have added several new units (mostly ships and some aircraft).

And I have testet each one via Time Machine (Save Game Editor ;) ) in the game after adding. All new units are in the industrial age (Steel, Combustion, Massproduktion, Flight).

But after the new batch of game checked units, an older unit (Warship, Navigation) which has not altered for a long time freeze the game when it has been created.

I checked and both the Warships entry in pediaicon.txt and in the BIQ were unaltered.

After reverting to an earlier BIQ without the new units, the Warship runs normal.

How can a newly added unit freeze an allready existing and working unit.

This makes testing nearly impossible as I have now over 800 units in my game. :confused:

I checked and both the Warships entry in pediaicon.txt and in the BIQ were unaltered.
Have you checked the text files & values for the new units as well? It may be that the warship's actions are triggering a reference to another unit's files. So it appears as if the warship is the problem, but that is only the last thing you see before the crash, not where the actual problem is.

I did not revert the pediaicon.txt to its former state, but the game is working. So I assume it is the BIQ.
It may be that the warship's actions are triggering a reference to another unit's files. So it appears as if the warship is the problem, but that is only the last thing you see before the crash, not where the actual problem is.
But this gave me the idea to check the upgrade path of the Warship, as it is the first unit of the Battleship-family-tree.

Warship - Ironclad - (flavor) Ships of the Line - (flavor) Dreadnoughts - (flavor) Battleships

And there I stumpled upon an anomaly: The upgrade went in the new BIQ:

Rivadavia DREAD
Pennsylvania DREAD
Viribus Unitis DREAD

But between Pennsylvania and Viribus Unitis was the Sverige Pansarskepp in the old BIQ and I did not change that (at least I think so).

Also the Sverige upgrades now in the new BIQ itself to Viribus Unitis.

But trying to correct this in the new BIQ freezes both the Firaxis and Qunitillus Editor as soon as I click on the "Upgrade to" button in Pennsylvania or Sverige. :confused:

I can change the upgrade path in the old BIQ (but it is correct there).

Does this mean that the new BIQ has somehow gone corrupt?

Thanks for your help! :blush: ;)

Using the older BIQ, I have readded the new units.

This time it seems to work.

I have not reached Navigation (Warship) now, but I was able to conjure one into the antic ages without crash. :king:

I still have no idea what happened to the upgrade paths in the other BIQ.

The wisdom I had to learn the hard way with mods/scenarios containing more than 1.000 units (like SOE or CCM):

Never, never delete a unit in the editor!!

Overwrite it or set it to perequisites so no one can build it - but don´t delete it!
If you delete such a unit not only your upgrade path can be messed up -this also can happen to set stealth attack targets and other options.

Top Bottom