Strategies needed

What's the problem with me??

• I suck.

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I need more practice.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • i should read the strategy guides on this page.

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Run,the evil pigs are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please please please change those size 1 cities of workers. It's causing me mental pain to see them like that!

ahh............ a new age.new units, new inventions and new ways to piss the AI off.(did i mention the booring music?:( )

Attachments

• Image7.jpeg
    Image7.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 153
Scuffer said:
Please please please change those size 1 cities of workers. It's causing me mental pain to see them like that!
i changed production in those cities to barracks.

so here's my plan.
i have built forts to those mountains to prevent any possible counter-attacks from the indians.
i'll start with a mass wawe of swordsmen.after researching chivalry i'll destroy them with riders.
those 3 galleys founded some coast. the next screen will tell what happens.
(should i save the sun tzu's art of war to a new continent if possible.:confused:???????????)

Attachments

• Image8.jpeg
    Image8.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 181
I don't think you really need those forts :confused: , but it is already done
so.... they may come in handy vs elephants :wallbash: . The worker turns
would have served better doing other things. You seem to be doing fine,
keep it up :goodjob: .

a new island(or continent).
BTW i had 6 workers building the forts.so it didn't take long.(2 turns per fort)

Attachments

• Image8.jpeg
    Image8.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 136
Make sure the Indians dont get that 3 cow city site too...

And, one more thing, you seem pretty high on wonders so maybe you could check out Isions article on wonder addiction in the War academy? Its a good one!

I think the biggest area of improvement I see the need for in this game is your worker actions. You say you had 6 workers building each fort. That's a LOT of worker turns that would have been much better spent improving your homelands. Getting your core and your potentially productive cities up to size and optimal production power as quickly as possible is incredibly important. Throwing away dozens and dozens (probably hundreds, what with the silk road and TWO colonies) of worker turns will come back to haunt you in a lot of games.

Cracker's article on prioritizing worker actions, while long, would probably be a good read for you. Improve the most important things first and don't spend LOTS of time on things that aren't necessary and/or can easily wait. That's the gist, but cracker gives very good explanations on what the best tiles are and what can and should wait.

Arathorn

Arathorn said:
I think the biggest area of improvement I see the need for in this game is your worker actions. You say you had 6 workers building each fort. That's a LOT of worker turns that would have been much better spent improving your homelands. Getting your core and your potentially productive cities up to size and optimal production power as quickly as possible is incredibly important. Throwing away dozens and dozens (probably hundreds, what with the silk road and TWO colonies) of worker turns will come back to haunt you in a lot of games.

Cracker's article on prioritizing worker actions, while long, would probably be a good read for you. Improve the most important things first and don't spend LOTS of time on things that aren't necessary and/or can easily wait. That's the gist, but cracker gives very good explanations on what the best tiles are and what can and should wait.

Arathorn

Thanks A ! You write soooo much better than I do and get your points across without offending anyone :goodjob: , but our ideas are similar ;) .
Olli seems to be having a great time, and thats the main theme I guess
for everyone.

i captured 2 cities.and i have read that ision's article of wonder addiction.the new island was pretty small.
BTW, my homelands are pretty much improved.

Attachments

• Image9.jpeg
    Image9.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 162
Arathorn's right, you are wasting a lot of worker turns. The Indians, if they ever force you're troops back to those mountains, won't attack the fortresses, they'll just pass right by and go for the city. The AI's dumb, but not that dumb.
Another thing, why do you have a colony on the silks? You already have three in your territory, and there isn't any need for a fourth.
What's that fortress doing outside of New Tientsin?
Finally, you need to build more barracks, verteran swords are easily worth the 20(?) shields. :ar15:

i go to olli's maps he has on this page. and i click on the world view. you know the one in the bottom left. because i want to get a view of a different part of his empire .. specifically the northeast part. but it doesnt respond to my clicks! what am i doing wrong?

rysingsun said:
i go to olli's maps he has on this page. and i click on the world view. you know the one in the bottom left. because i want to get a view of a different part of his empire .. specifically the northeast part. but it doesnt respond to my clicks! what am i doing wrong?
You're not clicking hard enough :p
:crazyeye: if you want a view of the NW, just say so instead of posting wierd (and sarcastic) things

...and, "world view"? I think you mean 'minimap' :p

Arathorn said:

Arathorn
i agree.
I should have improved my core cities first.

Looking at all your screenshots, I remember how much more fun the game was when I was just learning it.

Before you learn all the tricks and shortcuts, you play the game more or less like it was meant to be played (e.g. building forts in the mountains to stop a counterattack). A lot of improvement can only come with increased micromanagement, which can suck the fun out of a game (but can also be rewarding in the long run). Most people want to get to the higher difficulty levels, but that doesn't necessarily make the game more fun.

Top Bottom