Struggling to (even) get to Normal Age by Classical Era

Antagonizing some neighboring Civ to get them to attack you gets you that Defensive Tactics boost which is hugely useful for fast Feudalism leading to fast Stirrups. I am baffled by how he can get Cartography so quickly also.

Antagonizing some neighboring Civ to get them to attack you gets you that Defensive Tactics boost which is hugely useful for fast Feudalism leading to fast Stirrups. I am baffled by how he can get Cartography so quickly also.

I just find it aggravating that they finish so fast and play so perfect all the time. Honestly it is nothing new... these players have been doing this for many versions of Civ and I have watched them do it time and time again from Civ IV and V and now VI. At times I think... these guys must be cheating or re-rolling or replaying turns but that isn't the truth. These guys are just really good and in another class or level.

It's a disciplined level of play that I'm not quite at. I still build things that don't warrant the hammers invested, and have a Wonders weakness.

I improve most on shared and compared maps but Civ 6 just doesn't inspire the Deity Challenges that CivV does. To say nothing of the Hall of Fame!

I just find it aggravating that they finish so fast and play so perfect all the time. Honestly it is nothing new... these players have been doing this for many versions of Civ and I have watched them do it time and time again from Civ IV and V and now VI. At times I think... these guys must be cheating or re-rolling or replaying turns but that isn't the truth. These guys are just really good and in another class or level.

I often wonder if they really enjoy playing the game. To me, it is as if they approach the game as a science or engineering project. All focus is to making the correct move heading to a fixed goal. Nothing else seems to matter.
I don't enjoy playing like that. I am an average player and that is fine with me.

Top Bottom