Stuck in Star trek

tuosu29

Chieftain
Hello,

I have been trying to play this MOD, but i am completely unsuccessful. I am trying to see if there is a guide to play this and win successfully. I have replayed this game 5 times and every time i lose because of Heavy II ships from Kazan civ.

Thanks

There is an easy research trick:

1) research Warp 7 ships
2) research Universal Database (and build it)
3) research Replicators
4) research Heavy I
5) research Heavy II.

Also ofcourse you can try 1 Difficulty below the one you are playing. ;)

thank you JEELAN for your reply. I am actually playing in the least difficult mode - settler mode and quick play. In all my plays for this MOD i am never able to call election or get elected as security council. Also i have 25 heavy-II but i always get defeated by 5 heavy-II from Kazan civilization. Just very frustrated.:sad:

Hm, getting elected means your value has to be spread far and wide; maybe you should try for something like a Domination victory. Also, if you play on Normal or even Epic speed you might get a better feel for the mod.

As for Heavy ships, they are vulnerable to Fighter, Missile and Quick attacks; I always try to use Missiles and Fast Attack ships (Exploration class) to reduce their hit points before trying to eliminate them. Also, you should always keep Subspace Warheads ready, as they can reduce an enemy fleet to rubble (it makes it really easy to destroy a fleet after they have been hit by a Subspace Warhead). Be careful though not to let one explode on a square next to your Star System.°

Finally, if the Kazon are that annoying to you, you can just select a Custom Game without them as a playable civ - or try playing any one of the various scenarios. ;)

°EDIT: Personally I think the Romulan Heavy II (Scimitar) is unbeatable, because it can attack when cloaked. So when playing the Romulans, once you can build Scimitars, make a fleet of them and keep them cloaked to intercept any threat - or attack any enemy that can´t see cloaked ships. Even when not playing as Romulans, I always try to keep a mobile force of cloaked ships ready for emergencies.

You also may wish to play a "custom game" instead of "play now" and make sure there are no borg. The borg win every time.

Top Bottom