stupid stuff in civ 3

Originally posted by Libertarian

This is a lame example. They obviously had no intention of hurting the man, other wise he would be about 1 inch thick, or at least running, and there are armed men insid the tank, who, if they had chose, could have popped out and shot him, then closed the hatch back.I have also seen pictures where an unarmed man tried this same manuver.He wasnt as lucky, as he was just a bloodly little pool of goo. The example about maintanence,eating,ect. is also ******ed.When you are in mid combat, in the motions of an attack, you initiated ,your troops wouldnt be eating or maintanceing.That is done in between battle times,or when you are fortified.Its just an issue of balance to the programers, so that lower tech civs have a fair chance. These kind of things are what my mod will address.How many troops did we lose in,Iraq? or Afgahinistan? Or the Falklands, or even Bosnia.Sure a very few were lost, but if our forces operated in real life like they do in this game, Iraq and Afgahinisatn would have defeated the allied forces.Or at least wiped out thousands of us.

There are so many stupid things in Civ3, that it would be hopeless to list them all. I don't think this game will ever reach its potential, which is too bad.

I'm still hoping someone will make a good mod someday though...

Exactly. Civ III has not come close to its potential.

BTW, Communist Chinese tanks ran over many students at Tiennamen Square.

Originally posted by Libertarian

This shows exactly how the cultural defection works, and how a 7-pop size city can makes vanish an occupation army that is twice bigger :D

Even an unarmed piece of ice can sink the Titanic, therefore i figure it is possible for any solid object to sink another, noone mentioned having to use weapons, Kamakazee:goodjob:

[The tanks] obviously had no intention of hurting the man, other wise he would be about 1 inch thick, or at least running, and there are armed men insid the tank, who, if they had chose, could have popped out and shot him, then closed the hatch back.

True.

But perhaps as in this real life example, the tanks mentioned in the Opening Post had decided they, too, had no intention of hurting the rifleman.

Remember that people are at the controls in tanks. And people, thanks to the limbic system in their brains, are notoriously irrational.

Archers beating tanks do happen, but it's so rare rare rare that it doesn't matter. And as I said before, there are so many conditions, like weather, terrain, morale, accidents, things running out of fuel, guns jamming... Psychlone's reply states it clearly.

What I really hate are those pesky wimps who hide behind the Ai's dumbness, keep no army and then run over the dumb AI once they get tanks.
They should take care, in MP I shall kick their asses all the way back to their homes if they ever try that stupid tactic.
Noobs like to call me cheater even before they ask what I'm doing. Just bc I don't sit there waiting til they get tanks :lol: .

Top Bottom