Subjugate Your Friends

Kilroy

Bitter.
Here is part of the README (list of changes).

back up the following before you extract:

civ3mod.bic
Art\City Screen\buildings-large.pcx
Art\City Screen\buildings-small.pcx
Text\Civilopedia.txt
Text\PediaIcons.txt

(note that more files are added, but these are the only ones that are replaced)

then extract into your Civilization III directory

List of changes 0.5b

*General Settings:
Shield cost per gold changed to six.
Forests are worth 20 shields instead of 10.
Citizen value in shields changed to 40
Turn penalty for hurries and drafts back down to 20
min research time down to 2
Only one city needed to support an army - in general, armies should be MUCH more common in this mod

*Governments:
Two new governments added: Fuedalism and Fascism
Fuedalism:
req: Fuedalism
draft 2/turn
mp limit is 4
allowed units are 4, 6, and 8 for town, city, and metro
corruption = problematic
rush method: whip
Fascism:
req: Nationalism
draft 4/turn
mp limit is 8
allowed units are 4, 8, and 12 for town, city, and metro
corruption = communal
standard tile penalty applies
*assimilation chance = 0%
rush method: whip
Worker rates:
Despotism, Monarchy, Republic, Fuedalism - 2
Democracy, Fascism - 3
Communism - 4
Changed the corruption setting for some of the governments. Republic now has problematic corruption and Monarchy has nuisance corruption. Anyone who thinks ancient China had more corruption than ancient Rome needs to earn some history ;)

Improvements:
Added "Vanguard Square," a communism-specific building that increases production in that city by 50%. Cost is 120 shields.
Added "Patent Office," a democracy-specific building that increased science production in that city by 50%. Cost is 120 shields.
Added a new Wonder, "The Communist Manifesto," that gives you a Vanguard Square in every city on the same continent.
Added a new Wonder, "Edison's Workshop," that gives you a Patent Office in every city on the same continent.
Added a new Wonder, "World Trade Center." Available with The Corporation, increases trade by one in all squares producing trade. Cost is 1200 shields.
The Collossus expires with industrialization.
Bank, Factory, Manufacturing Plant, Mass Transit and Airport now reduce corruption and waste in addition to their original effects.
Pentagon requires 5 armies in the field.
Wall Street now reduces corruption (nation-wide) in addition to its regular effects.
Added a new Small Wonder, Command Center. Allow the city to build armies. Requires Warrior Code and 5 barracks.

Resources:
Halved the chances for disappearing resources.

Terrain:
Oil appears in plains again.

Units:
The Ironclad now requires Advanced Metallurgy.
Increased the attack value of the Marine unit to 10, and the defense value of the Paratrooper to 10.
Fixed the situation where you couldn't build War Chariots as the Egyptians after you discovered Horseback Riding. Egyptians can still build Horsemen, but the War Chariot upgrades to Knight now so the unit will be available until then.
Explorer requires Mapmaking instead of Navigation.
In general, only infantry units can be airlifted now, includes settlers and workers.
Longbowmen require Fuedalism.
Cavalry and Cossack require Nationalism.
Cruise missile is gone.
Generally increased Naval and Air units stats. Aegis Cruiser now has a bombard range of four to offset the loss of the Cruise Missile.
Armies now cost 50 shields instead of the ridiculous 400 they did previously. # of armies is already limited by number of cities, no reason to limit their efficacy any further.

Citizens:
Tax Collectors now require currency and yield two gold each.
Scientists now require education and yield three beakers each.

Advances:
Renamed Monarchy "Divine Right" and Communism "Worker State." For no readily apparent reason. I may have been high at the time.
Renamed "Steel" to "Advanced Metallurgy."

Difficulty levels:
Optimal city percentage starts with 120 at chieftain and goes down 10 percentage points for each additional level of difficulty.
You'll never spend more than four turns in anarchy. I was sick of 80-year revolutions at 1500 ce.

Diplomats and Spies:
Halved the cost for most diplomatic and spy missions. The rest were decreased even further. The missions are so likely to fail and carry such a stiff penalty for exposure that I don't foresee any imbalance issues.

and here is the file:

Subjugate Your Friends

One thing I may like to add to this mod is a Fascism-specific building. Only, I can't think of anything good. Suggestions please.

In an effort to replace Joe's repugnant suggestion, why not an "avenue/arc of triumph?" or something of that ilk? Allows for reduced costs of military construction or cheaper upgrades or something.

I would suggest an Autobahn wonder with the same effects as the colossus but doesn't expire.
Hitler built quite a few Autobahns you know.

I think this is a really good mod. i'm in the mid of a game with the dwarves. they're cool:) . anyways just wanted ot say you did a good job. oh it would be better if there where more units. I'm thinking about adjusting it so that it has more stuf in general. if I post it i'll give you most of the credit. that's all
checking out:)

:rolleyes: sorry about that last post. it was at the wrong thread. sorry.

"You'll never spend more than four turns in anarchy"

I have been trying to change that ever since i got hit with an 8-turn revolution, but i never found out how. How did you change it?

Are you Kilroyred from the Black and White boards!? Maker of the famous 'Kilroy's training ground'?

Its me! Ihmotep!

Originally posted by simwiz2
"You'll never spend more than four turns in anarchy"

I have been trying to change that ever since i got hit with an 8-turn revolution, but i never found out how. How did you change it?
It's in the difficulty levels tab. Max turns for revolution or somesuch. Adjustable for each game difficulty level.

Yeah give them an IBM subsidiary. Something to do with Hollerith machines or logistical support. The thing is, the logistical capabilities of the Nazis were created, adapted, and developed by IBM for Germany. IBM is an American company possible through capitalism not through fascism. Ok, maybe fascism shouldn't get a logistical wonder.

Is it possible to make a new wonder, city improvment, etc...without losing an older one?

Originally posted by Ihmotep
Is it possible to make a new wonder, city improvment, etc...without losing an older one?

I haven't added City Improvements or Wonders yet, But I wouldn't see any problems in doing so.

Top Bottom