Subscribed mods at Steam Workshop are not being installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenjiKhan

Emperor
I can't be able to download all the mods I subscribe on Steam workshop . Does anyone knows why is this happening?

No idea but I am experiencing the same issue. My existing subscribed mods have disappeared also (most of them anyway).

I am currently attempting to reinstall the game.

EDIT: Removing the game and deleting the Civ5 folder in MyGames, then reinstalling, seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm getting the same issue, I'm guessing.
The steam overlay only starts if I launch the game in DirectX9 mode, it refuses to start overlays of any kind in DirectX10/11 mode.
And even so, if I start it in DirectX9 mode, mods won't download.

I tried removing the game, and the Civ5 folder in MyGames, then reinstall, verify the game cache to mend that one file that won't download, and restart my computer. And even still it won't download mods.

What gives?

I have had the same problem. :mad:

I finally figured out how to have the mods appear every time. Here is what I observerd:

If I launch Steam, and go to the Store (e.g look at the summer specials) and then launch CIV, the mods disappear.

If I make sure that Steam has not yet been started and then launch CIV, steam starts up as part of the process to start CIV, but the mods do appear.

In summary: make sure Steam is not running on your computer before you start CIV, and the mods will appear.

Every since I've used this approach, my mods always now appear. Hope it helps !

Try this first...
1. Turn off the game.
2. Delete the "Civ5ModsDatabase.db" from "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache."
3. Launch the game and go to the mod section again.

my mods appears, but I can't upgrade them (upgrade button does not appear any more)
tried to unsubscribe, then subscribe again, cleared the cache,..

Try this first...
1. Turn off the game.
2. Delete the "Civ5ModsDatabase.db" from "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache."
3. Launch the game and go to the mod section again.

This fix used to work for me but, as of today It no longer fixes the issue.

I fixed this by pressing the "get mods" button which opens the steam workshop in-game. I then viewed my subscribed mods, unsubscribed and re-subbed to 1 mod and when I went back into CiV all the mods had re-appeared :)

Today I'm getting the error message "That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author or" etc. on every CiV mods in Steam Workshop. Also, if I click my subscribed mods button, no mods appear

:confused:

It seems its Steam's internal errors, every mod i checked seems to be 'deleted', even the prominent ones.

So...all you need now is wait.

Another thing you might want to try is to delete your Cache and Moduserdata folders, then restart your Civ-5 game, advance to the mods screen, and then pause for a few minutes.

This should prompt steam to download/redownload any mods you are subscribed to.

This usually works for me, especially when I know an updated mod is available, since those little "mod update" tages haven't been showing up for me in over a month.

I used some kind of synchronization button. Was some update after that steam workshop went into functional state. :)

Even I was able to download the info addict mod, the lines on diplomacy screen are not visible. :(

Mount MOD also does not work regardless I applied it.

This seems to be a pretty old thread, though I've just noticed this problem. All 'recent' mods aren't visible and when I subscribe to new mods nothing happens.

Tried all advice above. Any suggestions?

Cheers

This seems to be a pretty old thread, though I've just noticed this problem. All 'recent' mods aren't visible and when I subscribe to new mods nothing happens.

Tried all advice above. Any suggestions?

Cheers

I dont have a solution yet, but for you, does the mod download as steam workshop civ 5 in your downloads in the steam library? Becuase everytime i unsubscribe and resubscribe, steam downloads the mods but they arent in the folder and dont appear. Anybody out there with a fix?

EDIT: I think it is the new steam update. I went offline for awhile without going into offline mode, got on, updated two days ago, and my mods all left but two i dont use.

Same with me. I've deleted the moddb, deleted all mods (&db) and cleared the whole cache in that order with no change.

I can (un)subscribe in Steam workshop but nothing happens other than the icon toggling between the two states. Mod folder is empty.

Edit: It appears switching between offline online mode did the trick. I'm now back in buisness.
Thanks!

Edit: It appears switching between offline online mode did the trick. I'm now back in buisness.
Thanks!

Yeah i didnt do that but instead spent five hours searching for answers, uninstalled steam, deleted civ 5, unsubscribed from my mods, then subscribed from in game. I guess your way is easier though. thanks
Edit: what i did worked though. just the whole uninstall/reinstall took about 2 hours
Edit2: For clarification to anybody who cares, i tried reinstalling the game (without reinstalling steam), unsubbing, deleting cache, moduserdata, the .db in cache folder,etc. before I just reinstalled everything

I lost all of my subscribed MODS this morning and now can't subscribe to them. This is highly annoying. Was working fine yesterday. When I attempt to subscribe and go back to play, the mods do NOT appear int he mods section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom