Succession Game Anyone?

2121-Strategos takes over power, in celebration everyone takes the year off as a holiday resulting in pretty much nothing getting done

2122-As a propaganda ploy to get people to move there a new base is name "The Pines" despite the fact that there are no trees in site...

2125-A whole bunch of nothing is interupted by the discovery of Zarkharov on our north-east border, repressing my normally violent tendencies I trade Centauri Ecology for Ethical Calc and Mobility for Planetary Networks as well as signing a treaty of friendship.

2129-Deciding he needed a nice summer home to retire to, Strategos oversee's the founding of a nice new palace which he names "Blackroot Palace"

As you can see there are very few notable events happening, I primarly focused on exploring with the units I already had and building colony pods in all the cities. There are several good city sites still open, we should fill in the border with Z to pin him in first, then gradually fill in the rest later. Our only land border is with Z water surrounds the rest. I retained some barginning chips with Z, he DOES NOT have Industrial Bases, he wasn't giving me a good deal for it so I didn't trade it, it might be worth dangling it in front of him again to see what he offers this time.

Okay, then, I'll take it. I won't play until tomorrow afternoon, though, so anyone who hasn't played yet and wants to take it before then may do so.

lurker's comment: What happened to your game? Why did you stop? It has been a long time since I played AC and I do not think I would join, but was curious about how it would go when I saw the link in Cuivienen signature. It seems it is not as dangerously obsessive as I was lead to believe...

Errr... Sorry about that. I'm obsessive, just not about computer games, and I have a terrible memory. I'm going to try to revive this and play ten turns tonight.

2130 (I) -

The Pines will complete its Colony Pod a turn before growth. We're short on Formers, anyway, so I switch it to a Former (due next turn).

I also switch Thorny Vineyard to a Recycling Tanks. We don't want to waste our Alien Artifacts early on, anyway.

Contact Zakharov to see what he'll offer. He asks for a loan and I grant it.

IT - Zakh demands our withdrawal. Done.

2131 (1) -

The Pines: Former -> Colony Pod

2132 (2) -

Kill a Mindworm that pops out of the Fungus.

2133 (3) -

ZZZ

2134 (4) -

Discover Secrets of the Human Brain. Unfortunately, the University got there first. Curses. Our choices for next tech stink; I go for Centauri Empathy. Good trade tech, and Green will be our Economy type all game.

Children of Earth founded, driving back our border with the University. It starts a Former.

Tech Trades:

Industrial Base for Doctrine: Flexibility (U)
Our Map for Applied Physics (U)

2135, 2136 (5, 6) -

ZZZ

2137 (7) -

Thorny Vineyard: Recycling Tanks -> The Weather Paradigm, 34 turns.

Just checked Power ratings -- we've passed the University and are now Unsurpassed. I expect we'll stay there the entire game unless the Hive or Believers started in the middle of the Monsoon Jungle. Sister Miriam has a higher population, but we're the top in everything else, including military.

2138 (8) -

Gaia's Landing: Colony Pod -> The Human Genome Project (99 turns currently, but Gaia's Landing is losing a mineral to support the Pod and has a lot of development potential.)

2139 (9) -

ZZZ

IT - Zakh kicks us out again.

2140 (10) -

Not much to say. The Formers south of Gaia's Landing should plant a forest on the Nutrient Bonus (which would make a potent 3-2-1 tile). The Former to the northwest started a farm for a reason -- once we get Gene Splicing [next target after Centauri Empathy], that will be a three-food tile.

The Colony Pod south of The Pines should found on the spot, the one in The Pines is heading towards the University border.

The Weather Paradigm and the Human Genome Project are two of the most important Secret projects in the game, not least because they are strong and early. We should try our hardest to get both, including disbanding units and rushing with Alien Artifacts if need be.

why dont you swich into Planned?you dont have so much room to expand that you need the effic as far as i can see and you would grow faster and get the SP's faster.no one else is building them so they should be in your pocket,unless the wonder screen does not show other factions SP projects?

The SP screen only shows factions you have already met, IIRC. It's been a long time since I last played.

Planned would be a good decision, but I'll leave it up to the next player.

(Also, since this has been dead for so long, it's now an Open SG -- anyone can post "Got it," take the save, play ten turns and report back.)

What's this, a SMAC game in danger?

Yuri to the Rescue!

Got it, will play shortly.

Edit: Yet annother reason to Kill Bill (Gates that is). Now that I have the 4.0 patch the game won't run claiming my "CPU is not supported" even though it ran normaly beforehand. Could I get some help here?

Open you Alpha Centauri.ini (the file is located in where you have installed SMAC) , it is a text file so you can open it with notepad/wordpad

Look for the line
ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=0
and change it to
ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

if it is not there, look for the line
[PREFERENCES]
if it is not there , add it at the end of the Alpha Centauri.ini file
and after it, type
ForceOldVoxelAlgorithm=1

Save the changes

Launch SMAC, you will notice that the messag CPU not supported is always there, but you can click OK it will work now.

It worked!
:thanx:

Anyway, now that I'm in there I have a few points to make:
1) It seems we have a fair bit of energy sitting arround. Are we saving it for anything special, or could I use it to help with The Weather P or Genome Project?
2) Should we prepare for an early war against Zachy, or just leave him be for now?
3) Could I get some general advice for Base placement?

Ok, dicided to run through my turns just to keep things going.

MY 2141: Planet-Born citizen "Yuri" decides to try running the nation after the dissapearance of the nation's other leaders. To commemorate his rise to power, he founds the base to be known as "Resplendant Oak" just south-east of "The Pines." The road to Children of Earth has been completed, allowing easy access beteen the capital and the borderlands.

MY 2142: Resplendant Oak finishes a scout patroll to act as a local police force, and begins work on recycling tanks.

MY 2143: Yuri decides to take a nice relaxing bath in a stasis tank.

MY 2146: Yuri's 3-Year nap is brought to an abrupt end when Provost Zakarov demands we remove our units from his land. Moments later, the founding of "Lucky Autumn" pushes back the University border. It's our land now! :mischief: On annother note, Blackroot Palace finishes it's formers and begins work on recycling tanks.

MY 2147: We recieve word that Privin Lal has begun work on the "Merchant Exchange". The Pines build a colony Pod, and are ordered to continue doing so for the time being. Lucky Autumn builds it's scout patroll and starts on some formers.

MY 2148: During the inter-turn a Morganite Transport foil was spotted moving north in the seas west of Blackroot Palace, which changed it's production from recycling tanks to a colony pod because they will be able to grow beforehand thanks to some terraforming.

MY 2149: Yuri considders slipping into something more comfortable, and taking a relaxing stasis-nap.

MY 2150: "Mindworm Pass" is founded to the North-East of The Pines.

At the moment, our mindworms are on their way to the monolith to be upgraded. I still suggest that we invest some of our stored energy into weather or the genome, but leave that decision to the next player.

And here's the save:

Yay! Someone played! *Cheers*

If someone else takes this now we can officially declare this game alive.

(I'll play if no one takes it within two days.)

I could do a round late Sunday / early Monday if this is Vanilla SMAC (not Alien Crossfire), I'm 1 for 2 on Transcend, one easy victory, the other planet-busted out of existence :(, maybe you want to take it first?

Yuri2356 said:
It worked!
:thanx:

Anyway, now that I'm in there I have a few points to make:
1) It seems we have a fair bit of energy sitting arround. Are we saving it for anything special, or could I use it to help with The Weather P or Genome Project?
2) Should we prepare for an early war against Zachy, or just leave him be for now?
3) Could I get some general advice for Base placement?

Just so everyone knows:

1. Our energy is being saved for a little while until we can rush both The Human Genome Project and The Weather Paradigm in the same turn.

2. I don't think we need to war with Zakharov. He'll make a good ally and will be able to keep up in and trade technology.

3. Bases should be fairly close together, maybe CxxxC, but it isn't absolutely necessary to get every tile in SMAC because Supply Crawlers can use the other tiles.

So, what do you think of my actions during my turns? (Aside from the fact that I farmed some nurtients which i should have forrested)

Top Bottom