Succession Game Registry! - IMPORTANT!

I'm looking at starting a new Vanilla game soon, I have a couple of variants in mind but I'd like to see if I can get a team together before i actually go ahead and start it. If you have the time available to play, have a working copy of vanilla 1.29f and are of at least monarch level (emperor or above is preferable but not necessary) and are interested in playing then PM me.
I'll see what sort of response there is before I go ahead and start anything.

The Puppetmaster

I'm looking to start a variant game, preferably Emperor but open to Monarch or Demigod. Anyone interested, please PM me.

The Variant: The game must be won by not by us, but by the first civilization we encounter. Domination victory forbidden, since with it on, we could just conquer the world ourselves and gift them the cities and the win, which kind of misses the point. I don't think any other victory types have fundamental problems, though, other than being extremely unlikely for our puppet to achieve them. But hey, the challenge of it should be fun.

Lo5

EDIT:

The thread is up: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=183434

I can tell you that SS was tried in a SGOTM and failed for the most part. The AI could be lead to water, but would not drink it. UN may be managable.

Conquest victory? Maybe, if it's a militaristic civ you first meet. Culture? Try it if it's Babylon, Greece, or Egypt.

In the thread, I added "no conquest" (then you'd just conquer everyone but your puppet, gift all your cities, and declare war), and "no building the UN."

All three of those restrictions could perhaps be dropped and be replaced with "never gifting cities," though?

Err, this is probably best taken to the game thread. :)

Lo5

Hello Folks, its strike 4 an we may yet get off to a start!

We kicked off with the very first conqest.And plan to play through the various conquest scenarios.

Few drop-outs, and my computer has pulled up lame, so a few fresh faces would be grand.

So go on,
click on the chic
and we can take the fun from there ;)

We're advertising for players:D

We're playing the Russians at emperor and gunning for a conquest victory. AI have all options for victory but we can only get conquest. A couple of our players got too busy and one lost his home pc so we need some help. At this point we have 2 regulars and a guest. The other regular (no me) is quite experienced as is our guest. At the moment we are steamrolling our continent but we haven't met the other one yet so hopefully they will be ahead of us and keep things interesting. So far there have been some interesting strategies that are new to me.

Come have a read and see if you are interested. It's "Phaedo's training game patience required." We could use the help.

Cheers

hello all
i'm interested in playing a succession game. i can muddle through a regent game and win consistently, but i often second guess myself with city placement and build order. my initial gameplay (< 1000bc) is somewhat random and i'd like to sharpen my skills. i'd like to play a monarch level succession game, so if you're planning one, please reply or PM me. (i have the the conquests expansion)

There is only one going now on Monarch and it is Always War, I think. You may want to use it or find another and load the start and play a shadow game for fun and experience, while see if something comes up.

You can, of course, start your own SG if you want to :)

@choxron - although i've been lurking the boards for a while, i don't feel i have the experience or clout to run a succession game. i'd be willing to try a level higher than monarch, as long as the other players know of my experience level.

As the X-mas season is coming up and I anticipate a fair bit of well-deserved free time, It would be nice to start a SG game that will build on what I've learned so far.

After struggling to keep the turns going with my first SG game which has struggled to keep up momentum (but has brilliantly done so because of the heroic efforts of a dedicated and able short-staffed team:D), I thought I'd take a different tack this time around.

Would anyone be interested in starting holiday SG? I'm thinking a DG/Diety space race with a late UU/ non-scientific civ OR a DG AW game OR anEMP luddite game with an early UU. If anyone is interested in any of these varients, please PM me. I'll host; but my role would be purely administrative as I don't have the experience to make winning judgement calls: it would be a team effort:)

@mr_2_you If you let everyone know your experience at the beginning, players are very considerate with both advice and critisim :) Just jumping in is the only way to really do it. The whole SG thing is a tightrope between ego and relationship. Otherwise we'd all play solo or sit around and smoke pot together and brag about our conquests;)

@phaedo - thanks for the encouragement. would you consider me for your emperor luddite game with early UU? the only promise i can make is that i will get the game saves uploaded in a timely fashion and that i'll try to keeo the :smoke: to a minimum.

Like this:
1. Find a picture of a smoke on Google.
2. Take a picture fo that picture, then attach it to an E-mail to Phaedo.
3. You have passed pot to Phaedo!

TLM01 is recruiting, thread can be found here.

Top Bottom