Sucession game anyone? .. anyone... .. .. please?

Baleog

THE FIERCE
Here is anybody up for a succesion game.
Ive never played one and am desperate to see what its like.
Am a sesasoned civ2 player but had test of time so could only play games against other TOT owners.

I'll check bck tomorrow to see if anybody is interested.

If you are looking for Civ3, I have sucession game - lk4 with an opening.

I can't tell from your post if you only have Civ2

Hey, I'm in the market for another game. If you choose to launch another game rather than join lk4, sign me up. (assuming you plan to play a civ3 game, that is)

Oh yeah stupid of me not to say but yes i have civ3 and was refering to it.:rolleyes:

As for Ik4 that game already appears to have been launched. Would rather have been in it from the start, but thanks for the offer.

Right then Little Raven a new game shall start here. As soon as others apply.

SO DON'T BE SHY ANY INTERESTED PARTIES -- THIS MEANS YOU. Even if you've never played one before and fear you'll screw it up - like me. If you've any preferences mention them.

May I suggest random civ, standard world. I hope not to tie anybody down with these constraints,
limiting as they are.

;)

Hey i just noticed where did my number of posts go from beneath my location. What will become of enemy ace's killscore?
:eek:

I just hope we don't get the Americans...

Standard or large world works well for me. I don't care that much about climate, etc...actually it's probably better if all that is set to random. I love barbarians though, so I would recommend a high barbarian setting. :viking:

What difficulty level? I have yet to try Emperor or Diety (eep!) though I suppose I'll give it my best shot if that's the way we go. Regent and Monarch have been my levels of choice...

I don't know what happened to the post numbers. Frankly, I doubt I would have noticed had you not brought it up...

I'll join, but at the rate we've got people signing up, we're going to need a second game. I think the Russians and the Babylonians are the best.

generally i dont look at this site on the weekends so i kinda forgot about the thread
I think there are now 6 people available to play assuming that Ikendtar is fine playing his other sucession games.
Baleog (me)
Cyrai
CurtSibling
fsume93
jest
Little Raven.

I think the Russians are thebest civ. I don,t mind playing the americans, in fact i think there civ SAs are good, but as anyone noticed when you go for random civ a majority of the time you get the yanks?
Anyway go for a random civ.
Seen as little raven as experience with this type of game maybe he/she should start it off or anyone else with experience. All i know is i dont want to be the one to start it off, i wouldnt know where to begin.

Correct,

I don't wan't to play in this one.

Russia = Best civ:confused: So far, my attempts with Russia have gotten my butt kicked.

LET RAVEN START THEN !!!!!!!!!!!
I don´t mind beeing second.

I'd love to get in on a sucession game but if the difficulty is higher then Monarch then no thanks. Even Monarch is a ***** for me but I can at least hang in there.

Just let me know what I gotta do to get on on it and I'm there.

Endureth

i'll join, maybe if you had a large game with lots of players in it rather than the usual number, it would be more unpredictable.
Try playing a very hard game, past monarch etc, and see if many heads is better than one.

Oh, I didn't realize that I might be starting it...:blush: Sorry guys, been a long week....(and it's only starting!)

Ok, I'm going to launch a game with the following settings, unless someone screams at me real soon:

Standard world, 8 civs, all random, including us.

All world settings will be random, with the exception of barbarians, which will be set to raging. (gotta love the hordes)

All victory conditions will be enabled, including the currently very annoying UN. Difficulty level will be monarch, unless someone wants to take it down to regent.

The 72 hour rule will be in effect. Please post a message whenever you start your rule; that way we know that the game is moving forward. Unless I hear otherwise, the turn order will be:

Little Raven
Baleog
Cyrai
CurtSibling
fsume93
jest

Reigns will be 20 turns or until you just can't take it anymore. ;) Whenever you finish your rule, just zip up the game and post it to the forum. Writing a story about your rule is highly encouraged, but not absolutely necessary. However, please always include a brief summary of what happened while you were on watch, so that your successor has some clue what's going on.

Right. I have to go to bed now or I'll die. :( However, when I get home from work tomorrow, I'll launch the game, play my turns and start a new thread. (I'll redirect you guys from this one.) So if anyone has issues with anything I've said, you have about 16 hours to let me know. Speak by then or forever hold your peace...

Great i'm second.
If we get a scientific civ hopefully will almost have iron working by then and the world will heed my rule by Cyrai's turn.:king:

Although monarch is beyond me at the moment it'll be an experience. Currently playing regent and am just barely keeping up with the pack, thanks to science and diplomacy.
Its worth pointing out at this stage that i've never gotten to the modern era yet, :p , and I only just reached the industrial last night for the first time. Although the reason for this is through not bothering to finish a lot of games and my early warmongering which makes the game take longer.
I'm all for a a random civ because of the experience, but to those doubters the Russians are the best no questions asked. Expansionism gives you an early lead in technology provided yur land isn't to small and scientific leads to early swordsmen and the free advance at thestart of each era gives a further head start or helps you catch up. Hmm guess I'm talking about this on the wrong thread...

I'm no computer expert but could somebody just post up how to zip the game and so..

GO RAVEN

You can find the beginning of our jouney here:
Immortal Dawn

We are Perisa, and we shall cut down all who oppose us!

You can zip/unzip the savegame files with any zip utility. WinZip is probably the most common, and can be obtained for free. Once you've zipped it up, just "attach" it to the bottom of your post by clicking the "browse" button by the attach file option and pointing to the zip file. It's very cool that we don't have to email the save games around anymore. Gotta love the march of technology. :)

Top Bottom