[SUGGESTED IMPROVEMENT] AI chooses to embark in bad situations

KnightOwl

Chieftain
Anyone else think that the AI currently uses embarking stupidly?

I have a city and two arrow guys near it with a enough ground troops to create a bit of a wall. The AI actually has more troops then me but rather then fight their way through they decide to embark instead. My arrows + city deal with their embarked troops very quickly(or at least damage them enough that my ground troops make short work of them.

I know they may not be able to see my arrow guys at first but as soon as one or two of their units die they should probably be pulling back and giving up on embarking for now don't you think?

Absolutely just another thing amongst their massive list of stupidities. I turned a large amount into frigate foddder which was quite entertaining, and it would have been just as fast if they took the roads. Then again I had 5 frigates, so they were frigate fodder eitherway.

The AI defiantly needs to be smarter about embarking. Some calculated risks are fine like embarking when there are not ships around or embarking on mass with a short trip across the water when there's only one enemy ship around or they can use zone of control with another ship to stop enemy vessels from attacking, but the AI is just dumb about it. Embarking 1 unit right in front of my frigate without having anything around to protect it.

I just played a game where I was killing 1-2 enemy units a turn for about 20 turns as the units embarked onto the water. My three naval units and three land units were able to capture an enemy city on the next island as all the defenders had embarked and then been swept up by my navy.

China just embarked four of their UU into the sear in front of my frigate ... they died without a fight in four turns.

Granted the turn they embarked they couldn't see my frigate but they had three turns after that to flee to land again!

Top Bottom