Suggestion: City-States Sphere of influence acts as an airbase?

Delvemor

Warlord
I already made another suggestion about the possibility (not confirmed by anyone coding) of being able to plant a citadel/fort on an allied City-State territory, mostly for a canal that you could use without having to conquer that City-State. https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/suggestion-citadel-on-allied-city-states-territory.673000/

Another suggestion, which I don't know the feasibility either, would be having an airbase on any City-State you have a Sphere of influence with. Since City-States don't use aircraft of their own and because they sometimes are located on very convenient places, I think it would nice to have that possibility. Obviously if you happen to lose the sphere of influence, you would lose any plane stationed there. I think it would make spheres of influence much more meaningful than just a guaranteed alliance that you no longer need to care about.

What are your thoughts?

Fairly sure you can gift airplanes to city states? I think it'd be cooler to have a city state defense world congress resolution that you could pass to increase capabilities that city states have to protect themselves. One of which could be that they could also utilize their own strategics and build airplanes then. I think city state armies should remain independent unless we really get a fully fledged integrated levvying system like civ 6 has.

Will you want the automatically land plots added when building a citadel/fort removed?

Not sure if I get your question right. As I said in the corresponding thread, I'm not biased towards either option, I just want the possibility to plant a citadel/fort for the defense bonus and especially for the canal function. It was just sad when I was playing as Austria and I had to capture such a City-State so I could be able to defend 3 other City-States on the other side of the landmass. However it was a problem mostly because I tend to play on Pangea maps, in which case it's not always possible to move your fleet from one side of the continent to the other side.

I thought Austria had a way to get city-states without capturing them.

Diplomatic Marriage
Can spend Gold to annex or puppet a City-State that has been your ally for 5 turns.

I thought Austria had a way to get city-states without capturing them.

Diplomatic Marriage
Can spend Gold to annex or puppet a City-State that has been your ally for 5 turns.

What you are talking about is this:

Habsburg Diplomacy

+50% rewards from City-State Quests.
Can use Gold to arrange Marriages with Allied City-States. While at peace with the City-State, Marriages eliminate Influence decay, grant an additional World Congress Delegate, and provide a +15% Great Person Rate boost in the Capital.

Top Bottom