(5-CP) Feitoria Acts as a Canal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Proposal:
CurrentProposedRationale
FeitoriaEverything it does right now or will be changed.Everything it does right now or will be changed with the addition of Feitoria being able to act as a canal like the Fort.

For code-savvy people, enable MakesPassable for Feitoria.
I like when the Nau sometimes places its Feitoria on a City-State plot between two sea plots of water. I would love to use it as a canal. It lets Portugal make two-tile canals without using a city or citadel and you know cargo ships can use those canals as well... it's interesting you have this cool trading post... that can act more like a fort!
I also don't think I'm counterproposing to 5-11, but it's part of 5-11. It can go with 5-11's changes, go separately, or not go really at all if 5-11b doesn't pass.

I think only cargo ships can make use of foreign canals though, unless you also conquer the CS.

the feitoria is already overloaded with abilities. This is bloat for the sake of bloat.

I think only cargo ships can make use of foreign canals though, unless you also conquer the CS.
In my (heavily modded) game I grabbed a canal spot from a CS using Hex Conquer and built a fort there before making peace and giving it back. I was subsequently able to move my navy through it, although not sure if that was because I allied the CS. Maybe the restriction was there, but got lifted because the tile was mine at some point? I hadn't noticed any similar oddities with Hex Conquer before though.

Too niche and edge case to be worth adding, IMO.

In my (heavily modded) game I grabbed a canal spot from a CS using Hex Conquer and built a fort there before making peace and giving it back. I was subsequently able to move my navy through it, although not sure if that was because I allied the CS. Maybe the restriction was there, but got lifted because the tile was mine at some point? I hadn't noticed any similar oddities with Hex Conquer before though.
I've been able to get through em at times too, including with majors... had assumed a change had been made at some point but now the only thread I find where this was discussed, never seemed to reach any conclusion and just died out. The specific instance I recall is having captured a city on other content, built canal fort, then later vassaled it's owner, then even later gave back the canal city. Could then move naval through canal. Pretty sure there have been other times in recent games as well, though way back years ago it used to be blocked. Is it a mod somehow allowing it to happen? Would be interesting to isolate the cause, if indeed it's not part of vp itself

edit: on the topic of OP proposal, this change will give portugal the ability to create 2-plot canals WITHOUT expending a GG/citadel, probably should reflect on whether that is desireable

Last edited:
It's also useful in your own territory if you have a canal spot thatbwould also be a good spot for a feitoria.

I will sponsor this.
edit: on the topic of OP proposal, this change will give portugal the ability to create 2-plot canals WITHOUT expending a GG/citadel, probably should reflect on whether that is desireable
This is desired yes.

Don’t know why 2 tile UI canals being easy and spammable is desireable on the civ that already has the easiest/most citadels. Seems like you’re specifically making redundancy within a civ kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom