Suggestion for Civ6 - enhancement to battles

duddyz_dad

Chieftain
My two cents on the whole 1UPT vs Stack of Doom. Why not introduce a zoom-in interface where the battle occurs over an upclose field with multiple tiles? For instance two stacked tiles of 5 units each would show up in the upclose battle as occupying their own tiles spread out across the field of engagement taking into account the surrounding terrain. Warriors in front followed by archers and catapults with horsemen on the flanks. Horsemen would be given multiple movement bonuses while archers would get range bonuses. I'm not saying we should get all Empire-Total War over this but a zoom-in battle interface would address gripes brought on by Stack of Doom and 1UPT.

Other suggestions:

Military buildings give equipment bonuses instead of experience (or could give both)
Enable ambushing (units in friendly territory get a movement terrain bonus vs enemies when two nations are at war; barbarians could also get an ambush bonus). This would introduce a guerilla element where inferior units can still battle tough against stronger opponents.

Just some thoughts. I think there is a way to enhance the battle interface without turning Civ into a battle strategy game akin to Medieval War.

This is a flame/troll. Why make a Civ6 suggestion in the Civ5 forum if not to stir up trouble.

Civ6 isn't even on the radar yet. Now I know that about a dozen people, including some community heavyweights, are about to jump in here, but I don't think they really believe what they are about to say. Civ5 will very likely have a full two-expansion cycle, and I don't think anyone that doubts it is being entirely sincere.

It will not be a '$5 bargain bin' game and they won't jump right to Civ6. It's here for the long haul.

I have a suggestion for Civ VIII. I think they should bring back the culture slider. Not until Civ VIII though.

I think Civ8 should finally support Holotrons. I know a lot of the traditional Civ7 fans still like using their 9600x5400 LEP displays, but most other gamers have moved on to free standing holography.

Top Bottom