[Suggestion] Stability System to refine mechanisms and add depth

How about distance from the capital, development(amount of buildings) of the capital and every other city, the military garrison, the amount of luxuries, and war weariness all playing a part. Taken into account every 10 turns, or is this undoable?

Hey this stability system is really cool. It adds a much greater depth to the game. I was wondering about a couple of (I think) minor tweak which I haven't seen suggested yet on the thread.

Could you modify the Stability system and the revolutions (which occur when you change civics) so they have some synergy. Lets say you're really stable and you want to change civics then you can switch like the Indian UP but it drops you're stability. Or when you're getting ready to collaspe you start going into Anarchy as sort of a warning that you need to stabilize. Also the less stable you are the long you are in Anarchy rather then how many Civics you change. The Indian UP could be change such that India doesn't lose any stability when it switches civics giving the same net effect.

Also (and this one might be unpopular) but every time you whip a city using slavery you should get a stability hit. I mean one of the big reasons slavery stopped being used in the modern world is because it tended to destabilize the country. People for some reason didn't like being killed for the king. Right now the only effect of whipping a city is some unhappyness which goes a way in a few turns and as long as its managed well doesn't have a lasting effect.

Well thanks for listening. Rhye this is a great mod and is THE reason I got Warlords for Christmas. If Firaxis isn't paying you they should be.

thank you Spearcatcher

I have an answer for every of your questions:

- messing up with anarchy length isn't something easy to do, because it is managed in the dll, while stability in all written in python. This means that the DLL doesn't even know what stability is.

- events that cause stability change were limited by which APIs civ4 offers in python. There isn't iirc an event tied to whipping. But if it causes unhappiness it's okay, cos unhappiness causes instability.

Top Bottom