Summer 2017 Patch Notes Discussion

MP game is so broken, I was unable to get a game started this evening. As it is now, they should just disable the MP game until they can properly fix it.

Odd. Me and a few friends have been playing a civ game all day. Multiplayer with 4 players and 4 AI.
We all used the same 2 (only 2) mods and used all DLC.

No crash the whole day. We had a few disconnects but loading the last turn worked fine.

The summer patch came with a bunch of bugs. But improved Multiplayer. Vastly improved it even.

Please note that for multiplayer, all players must have the same, or no mods. I am 99% sure when there is a problem, a player simply dont check their own mods and runs with something the others don't have.

I've been playing multiplayer a bit too and I have had no problems with crashing and drop outs

First and most importantly: The Ones who know me in the forums know that I tend to be more of a defender of Firaxis than an attacker. I'm still on the forums regularly, read this thread from page one and read a lot left and right so I'm not your "usual suspect" concerning rants. I will wait for the next update and hope for the best. And I love Civ6 for what it will be one day, BUT after finishing my first game postpatch (RL needs to be lived) I need to vent:

MAN, this patch is truly bringing some annoyances of which I thought have long been buried. Obviously I've been wrong.

1. AI changing behaviour is fine if they know a tiny bit what they do. They don't. Diplomacy feels even worse and meaningless now compared to before.
2. I get news about civs I haven't even met yet (thanks for that - finally - again...).
3. I play on epic and I like it - but there certainly is a lot of options to improve gamespeed that's for sure. clicking through is alive and well without war - and not only in the late game.
4. I've been playing happily before the patch using CQUI, which made a huge difference. Now modders are struggling to fix it and some of them (Civ-vets from what I read) say this was the worst "patch-work" in the history of the franchise. And from what I've experiencing I tend to believe them...
:wallbash:
and these are just a few examples, there's much more...

It's not that the flaws of the patch aren't obvious, that's what I'm most disappointed about! And to not even get a comment from the Firaxis guys in this situation truly is a bummer to me.

Summer patch is almost four weeks old now and I highly doubt there will ever be a hotfix for this. Even going a step back to the previous build and stating that more work has to be done would have been the better option. I read the changes of the patch, I've seen a few of them ingame and I applaud the bravery of making big changes (!). But testing a patch could have helped (I know they test the patch, but if so, how could they release THIS?).
And releasing the Nubia DLC without a patch would have worked as well with the proper communication. But communication has been silenced. Totally. Which I don't understand.
The release of the Nubia DLC is the only possible reason to me they had to let this "try-and-error-patch" out of the gates. Too early, buggy and unfinished.

They should give us a few weeks in advance, not two days!

Hype needs to be built up and 48 hours between first announcement and release is too short.

If they deliver a proper build there wouldn't be the need for that...

Last edited:
Is the general consensus that Firaxis now only does patches to accompany DLCs (and that, therefore, we shouldn't expect any bug fixes anytime soon?)

In CiV, the first few patches accompanied DLC. Once they were finished with DLC, They got into a system of patches (I believe it was every 3 months or thereabouts) Just after CiVBE was released, they did one last patch for CiV, that included some new resources, etc. It was not expected, and surprised a lot of people.

Trying to roll a desert/floodplains/river start with Egypt post-patch. It isn't going too well.

Finally.png

Edit: ah, finally!

Sorry if this is posted anyway else, but I'm finally starting to do the scenario achievements and I think Conquest of Alexandra on diety/200 pts just got a lot harder. I'm 3 turns away from the end and settlers are costing 700+ gold now. Also before the patch (from watching videos) you used to get a nice boost on your production from building the encampment, like 3-4 turns to build a siege tower, now it's 12 turns.

So you have less troops, slower and have a scaling difficulty in building settlers.

Can I disable the patch?

Grrh.

Is there a bug with the city states placement after the summer patch? Every new game I start, there are no city states near my area. So no chance to get the free envoy. Very annoying.

I've never seen a patch to broke so many things like this one. :sad:

I've had cases where there was only 2-3 city states on my landmass. Seems to be a map issue, but not a result of this patch.

Sorry if this is posted anyway else, but I'm finally starting to do the scenario achievements and I think Conquest of Alexandra on diety/200 pts just got a lot harder. I'm 3 turns away from the end and settlers are costing 700+ gold now. Also before the patch (from watching videos) you used to get a nice boost on your production from building the encampment, like 3-4 turns to build a siege tower, now it's 12 turns.

So you have less troops, slower and have a scaling difficulty in building settlers.

Can I disable the patch?

Grrh.
Update - got 195 points, with a final city settled in the last turn that didn't count. I know how to speed this up a bit though plus didn't get +2 move generals early enough so back to the beginning...

Update - got 195 points, with a final city settled in the last turn that didn't count. I know how to speed this up a bit though plus didn't get +2 move generals early enough so back to the beginning...
Is it because they raised settler cost?

I think I remember previous DLCs making the earlier scenarios unbalanced as well

you may be able to edit the settler cost in the files. It's up to you whether you consider that cheating. It shouldn't invalidate achievements since it's not a mod. It looks like the value is located in the Units XML file. Just checked.

you may be able to edit the settler cost in the files. It's up to you whether you consider that cheating. It shouldn't invalidate achievements since it's not a mod. It looks like the value is located in the Units XML file. Just checked.
As I got so close, I'm going to do it the hard way! Thanks tho.

I just wanted to share that the newly introduced icons appearing for tech and civic boosts that I at first thought were of no use do make sense. In case you missed the animated progress of a boost when the boost window popped initially (whether the boost was efficient: 0 to 50%, 50 to 100%, or not that efficient: 75 to 100%), you can now check it again.

Top Bottom