1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer 2017 Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jul 27, 2017.

1. TheFourthDoctor

TheFourthDoctor Chieftain

I'm playing a game now where I'm formally at peace with Australia, but where I'm prompted to attack their units when they're in range. I can attack and kill them, with no impact on my friendly relations with John Curtin. I've stolen several settlers this way. This is the first time I'm seen this clear bug & I wonder if it's related to the patch? Has anyone else encountered this?

I really like this game and want it to do well, but diplomacy after the patch is awful.

2. 54teltakt

54teltakt Chieftain

The same turn GER declared war on me and Kongo invited me as a friend resulting in a "you're at war with your friend"bug which is , i guess, simmilar to the you declraed yourself war
    Spoiler :

can attack kongo though we're friends never had it after spring patch but had it before. this is gamebraking for me and a reason to quit

3. Kurnn

Kurnn Warlord

Kinda funny that you get 1% bonus from monarchy now...even if you never used it, nor have it! ^^

4. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

In my last game I got the Fascism bonus even though I never used the government, and the bonus started accumulating from the beginning of the game as far as I can tell.

5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Are you actually getting the bonus, or is it just showing up on the government screen? I seem to recall someone else concluding that's just a UI bug - erroneous bonuses show up but you don't actually get the wrong ones.

Katakanja likes this.
  6. oedali

oedali King

That's what I heard as well

7. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

That was me speculating earlier in the thread, but I still haven't checked thoroughly. I was basing my assumption that it was only a UI bug off the fact that I was still getting fractions of points on the Great People screen even after my Classical Republic bonus vanished and was replaced by something else.

On the other hand, I haven't checked if the new, incorrect bonuses that appear as a replacement are also applying, so I will pay more attention to that in my next game.

8. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Played as Russia today and enemy Nubia launched a nuke against me [see last gossip item].
    Spoiler :

9. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

That's quite a first. The AI haven't launched nukes against me yet but I'd be interested in seeing that to add some interesting decision-making to my late game play (typically everyone hates on me, declares war, is defeated, then resents me until they repeat the cycle again some years later as they all denounce each other for declaring war on me, their common enemy. Heh.)

sonicmyst likes this.
  10. Kurnn

Kurnn Warlord

I am curious. Have anyone seen any reaction from the DEVS about a possible patch to fix this patch?
    Nothing gamebreaking but there are a bunch of stuff that just needs a gentle push. (Like pop-up window when you researched a tech or policy)

Stilgar08 likes this.
  11. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

No, as usual, there is no statement.

12. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Don't worry. Here at civFANATICS, If anyone was to hear anything about a possible hot-fix, they'd be all over it . . . with ten pages of posts in a matter of seconds.

bite, Noble Zarkon, Acken and 2 others like this.
  13. wiggawuu

wiggawuu Warlord

Its a bummer the developers won't comment on anything at all except when they release new content. I guess there is nothing we can do about it. Basically like Donald Trump being in office.

Whoa, did I just make that comparison?

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

LOL it isn't that bad. We should get a new patch before we get a new President. And we should also get a new expansion or two before we get a new President.

... Of course it's entirely possibly we might get Civ7 before we get a new President...

oedali likes this.
  15. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

I can't find anywhere the version of this patch, I mean, in the starting screen in the lower left corner of the screen which version please is the latest and correct one ? V. 1.0.????????

Thx in advance

16. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

The latest version is 1.0.0.167 (296277). Don't worry, steam keeps it updated automatically, so you don't have do anything manually.

Jabulani likes this.
  17. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

Thanks a lot

Piruparka likes this.
  18. Arms Longfellow

Arms Longfellow Warlord

I think it is. The AI putting no value on Great Works is unacceptably game-breaking, especially since I've been trying to win by Culture lately because it's the most complicated victory and I want to get better at it. You could tell me to just not abuse it by cleaning a civ out of all their Great Works in exchange for 1 gold, but what if I do want to trade for them? How do I know what a fair deal is? What if the AI hates me, how much should I inflate the price?

19. Swissy

Swissy Warlord

MP game is so broken, I was unable to get a game started this evening. As it is now, they should just disable the MP game until they can properly fix it.

20. darkace77450

darkace77450 Emperor

The devs don't tend to say anything at all until they've got a new DLC/expansion to sell us.

sanchopanda, God of Kings and oedali like this.