Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Just a heads up for the rest of the people still using this mod, the new CTD on load is 15kb. If your game save is 15kb then it will crash to the desktop upon loading it.

my quicksave is 2.520 kb and crash to desktop :sad:

Maybe you have some other issues? Or maybe I do, all I know is that I was watching my save files (auto saves) and when they hit 15kb they never got any bigger. Once i exited the game and tried to load it it crashed to the desktop...:confused::confused:

and how many turns making 15kb ? You don't have error message in window's files ?
I have one with "IAStorData" but I don't know if it is the cause...

and how many turns making 15kb ? You don't have error message in window's files ?
I have one with "IAStorData" but I don't know if it is the cause...

Nah, no error messages on my end, and it took about 40 turns to hit that 15kb, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I'm just as lost as you are, maybe it has to do with using multiple parts of the mod (units, buildings, and misc). I just started using them all together, but i cant remember if it used to crash with just the balancing portion of the mod.

The additional luxuries added aren't showing up on the map (tea, coffee, etc.). Is there a fix for this?

Yes, only cocoa.

Super Power Balance (v 4)/XML/NewResources/NewLuxuries_Art.xml

Original lines:
Code:
	<Row>
		<IconName>ICON_RES_COCOA</IconName>
		<IconFontTexture>ICON_FONT_TEXTURE_NEWLUXURIES</IconFontTexture>
		<IconMapping>1</IconMapping>
	</Row>

Replaced lines:
Code:
	<!--<Row >
		<IconName>ICON_RES_COCOA</IconName>
		<IconFontTexture>ICON_FONT_TEXTURE_NEWLUXURIES</IconFontTexture>
		<IconMapping>1</IconMapping>
	</Row> -->

I dont understand this solution... do I have to replace the original lines with the new ones or are the arrows indicating that I have to move the <Row>?

1.This file can fix "Tradition bug".
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mdfg2vhb101yk3e/PoliciesTweak.xml

Overwrite "PoliciesTweak.xml" with this file.
Super Power Balance (v 4)/XML/PoliciesTweak.xml
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13559395&postcount=406

----------

2.This file can fix the "Resource-icon bug".
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0wgcfkga7np3dx2/NewLuxuries_Art.xml

Overwrite "NewLuxuries_Art.xml" with this file.
Super Power Balance (v 4)/XML/NewResources/NewLuxuries_Art.xml
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13594958&postcount=414

The Units Pack is causing an issue were R.E.D Mod pack wont work, is this a common problem, if it isn't, what can i do to help?

Very interesting combat system. It's more like Red WW2 edition. Now in CIV5 i like combat more then building. Nice mod. But 1 thing - too much income and money

I'm running into some trouble with the DLL - various mod components, where my computer gives the error that it doesn't know how to open it. I'm playing from steam, so I suppose I could right away ask - do I even need to download it or can I acquire it via steam too?

This is a true superb mod and 100 % compatible with RED units. Combat system is really innovative. Here is my impressions after 3 full lenght played games on continent large maps, difficulty King, AI has advantage on all at 15%.

1) At start AI runs very fine , building lots of cities and large army . it outperforms human player in all branches till industial era.
2) Player has too much gold income till atomic era and easily can build universal cities aka Civ3-4 style. Can mantain a decent army but comes troubles with happiness even if most of happy building already built.
3) here comes first enagements , human army is completly outnumbered and only good tactics on defece make success as AI is awfull on attack but very skilled in defending.
4) first IMBO tanks comes to battle and chages all war tactics and new strategy begins. AI produces them in great numbers and plays well with them
5) atomic era - complete money shortrage and unhappy cities whatever u do. All buildings buit,
reseach goes slow , AI get a money debt. Human has no option but to buld units and conduct wars just to get some cash when killing units. Unhappiness grows stronger and even to citical level.
6) modern era . This is the begining of the end for human. Noooo money at alllllllll. No buildings to get so cash and happy boost. Average Ai's debt per turn is around -1500
Huge AI's modern armies everywhere. Here u can loose your game.

I won only once and only after changed unit mantainence multiplier from 450 to 250. Changed city grow exponent to 1.4 to avoid super cities which generate enormous! portion of unhappiness.

So what is needed for this mod:

Atomic era and modern era new buildings for money and happy.
Some nerf of early tank platforms. Reduce AI's Air ship spawning
AI scripting at engaging attack - only 2 unit per hex attack rule with less hellicopters and more armor and long range arty.
AI do not produce figters at all. This is bad.
Constant problems with happiness. The further game goes the more problem is.
Pre modern Tank is needed bandly like T-55 or M60 cause there is a huge armor gap between ww2 tank and modern tank.
Reduce unit support multiplier and unhappiness mod.
Naval battles are excellent. Got so many fun with my first battleship bombardment vs England till encounter their first sub. One shot kill from a deep. Wow that impressed me a lot)

But anyway - the best game and battle mechanics mod, even the RED WW2 edition is not so fun to play.
If a modmaker could cooperate with RED and make all units ethnic different - this mod could outmatch others for years ahead )

This is a true superb mod and 100 % compatible with RED units. Combat system is really innovative. Here is my impressions after 3 full lenght played games on continent large maps, difficulty King, AI has advantage on all at 15%.

1) At start AI runs very fine , building lots of cities and large army . it outperforms human player in all branches till industial era.
2) Player has too much gold income till atomic era and easily can build universal cities aka Civ3-4 style. Can mantain a decent army but comes troubles with happiness even if most of happy building already built.
3) here comes first enagements , human army is completly outnumbered and only good tactics on defece make success as AI is awfull on attack but very skilled in defending.
4) first IMBO tanks comes to battle and chages all war tactics and new strategy begins. AI produces them in great numbers and plays well with them
5) atomic era - complete money shortrage and unhappy cities whatever u do. All buildings buit,
reseach goes slow , AI get a money debt. Human has no option but to buld units and conduct wars just to get some cash when killing units. Unhappiness grows stronger and even to citical level.
6) modern era . This is the begining of the end for human. Noooo money at alllllllll. No buildings to get so cash and happy boost. Average Ai's debt per turn is around -1500
Huge AI's modern armies everywhere. Here u can loose your game.

I won only once and only after changed unit mantainence multiplier from 450 to 250. Changed city grow exponent to 1.4 to avoid super cities which generate enormous! portion of unhappiness.

So what is needed for this mod:

Atomic era and modern era new buildings for money and happy.
Some nerf of early tank platforms. Reduce AI's Air ship spawning
AI scripting at engaging attack - only 2 unit per hex attack rule with less hellicopters and more armor and long range arty.
AI do not produce figters at all. This is bad.
Constant problems with happiness. The further game goes the more problem is.
Pre modern Tank is needed bandly like T-55 or M60 cause there is a huge armor gap between ww2 tank and modern tank.
Reduce unit support multiplier and unhappiness mod.
Naval battles are excellent. Got so many fun with my first battleship bombardment vs England till encounter their first sub. One shot kill from a deep. Wow that impressed me a lot)

But anyway - the best game and battle mechanics mod, even the RED WW2 edition is not so fun to play.
If a modmaker could cooperate with RED and make all units ethnic different - this mod could outmatch others for years ahead )

wait, so you're telling me you finished 3 whole playthroughs with absolutely no issues graphically, or any crashing??

Top Bottom