• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Svartalfar Mod

Springer (requires mage guild, water mana, and Knowledge of Ether tech)
-can build Spring improvement, which turns deserts into plains (including on oasis and floodplains)

What if the improvement is destroyed? does it revert to a desert? (sorry haven't had the time to download and play it yet... but just browsing for now)

it works like an improvement in every way, except it destroys the improvement as soon as its finished and changes the terrain, it does exactly as described.

it can be automated, because it works like improvements and workers understand how to apply it.

i tried to only affect the civs i changed, so its unlikely ill change elven scouts or move other civs hunters to tracking like i did with the vamps and dark elves. though i would say its more balanced that way for both those things.
This might be a stupid question :undecide: but does that make it faster for Calabim to get their vamps out?

Sureshot, you said that the terrain changers can be automated, and I've tried it, but every time I do, I just find my scorchers and springers hanging around in my cities, doing nothing. It's probably a bug, but I've had to just queue up a lot of actions for them instead (Shift-right-click, shift-click improve, repeat).

Out of curiousity...

You said that the new workers build improvements. Do these improvements destroy any existing improvements, or do they just go over top of them?

they destroy them, excepting roads

i figure its a trade off for being automated and working on all feature types

steel, they only do tiles that yield for a city, so only in the fat squares that are at most 2 tiles away from the city
also, if you have "leave old improvements" checked in options, then they wont do their stuff on tiles that have improvements

HI. I have Ffh II patch h and your "Svartalfar mod" installed.
But now Ffh II patch i is released. What will happen then?
Will patch i destroy your mod?

Love this little mod of yours sureshot. Just one thing I noticed when playing recently. It seems that my elven slaves are able to upgrade to TI horsemen. Is that supposed to happen?

yep, i played around with upgrade paths a little for svartalfar because of the male units. instead of their scouts being able to upgrade to horsemen&hunters, i made them able to upgrade to hunters&archers (and thats part of the reason i gave scouts 1 movement actually, so that upgrading to archers wouldnt lessen its movement) so theyd stay the same gender.

workers took the place as the first tier horseman, since slaves are male, and the pre-existing svartalfar horseman was male and less white skinned, looking like a light elf almost. they can then upgrade up the horseline, or they can upgrade to pikemen (which are also male). the horseline later gets mixed gender, with 1 male and 2 females, when they reach horsearchers, to make sense of which i made archers upgradeable to horsearchers.

so ya, supposed to happen, to preserve gender across upgrades.

Very Interesting mod, but here is a question? has Kael or any of the other people who made the orginal mod thought about adding these updates or changes to the orginal Fall from heaven mod? or even combine this mod with the Rise of Mania mod? I mean these both if Combine would work out really well, cause I got both mods and I can only place one type set of files In place of the other in order to play with what is set with each mod... but enough about me ranting of a suggestion lol anyways good job on this and I just wanted to ask that question;)

(If it's ok with Sureshot of course) I'll take over the new graphics in Rise of Mania. Once I stop being lazy that is.

Very Interesting mod, but here is a question? has Kael or any of the other people who made the orginal mod thought about adding these updates or changes to the orginal Fall from heaven mod? or even combine this mod with the Rise of Mania mod? I mean these both if Combine would work out really well, cause I got both mods and I can only place one type set of files In place of the other in order to play with what is set with each mod... but enough about me ranting of a suggestion lol anyways good job on this and I just wanted to ask that question;)

There won't be a new version of FfH soon (outside of possibly patches). But before we release our next version the team and I are going to play the heck out these community mods and will incorporate the things we like. I have no problem stealing anything that makes the mod better. :D

So yes, I love that people are making FfH mods and I want to give them time to polish and try things out so we can get lots of good stuff for FfH.

Top Bottom