Sweden and Norway [BtS]

Gurra09

Emperor
FILE DELETED

I'll upload my new Sweden later on but for that I'll open a new thread for only Sweden.

They're here (and soon in the original post):

Scandinavian Warrior
Strength: 4
Movement: 2
In other cases the Scandinavian Warrior is like a normal Warrior unit.

Gurra09

The mod is now updated with Christian II included as a leader, two new leaders for Sweden (Karl XI, Gustav III), some changed favourite civics and more city names. Norway has 98 cities, 83 new and Sweden has 100 cities, 62 new.

Gurra09

As a scandinavian, I've gotta say this is pretty neat. DLing and testing it out soon. One immediate comment, though: Doesn't the Scandinavian Warrior seem a tad too strong? It's very easy to build, requires no special resources, and is as strong as a chariot. Seems to me any neighbour of norway or sweden are pretty much doomed if you decide to go for an early rush. What's your thoughts on this?

Maybe I can edit it so it have 3 strength and 1 movement/have 2 strength and 2 movement/is a normal warrior but starts with some promotion?

Gurra09

Here are two ideas.
Sweden-skitroop- replaces Rifleman -2 movement over ice
and tundra
Norway-Raider-replaces Axeman-Starts with Amphibeous

Thank you for the ideas! But I can't reskin them so they will look as normal axemen/riflemen.

Gurra09

I checked the downloads section and Zervor and Chugginator created a Nordic pack with an Axeman.
I looked in some mods to see if there was a ski troop and the closest i came was the mention of a german alpine fighter name.

Hey guys im kind of new to all those things, ye i know im registred last year but i havent been onlogged until now, does this work for Imac Tiger G5? and i have Warlords, any chance anyone can help me with this? ive downloaded the mod, and i open it ingame, but i cant seem to play it, its loaded but the game looks like when no mod is loaded, some help here please?

Here is the old Sweden mod.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=146469&highlight=sweden

For Sweden, I'd like to see the Carolean (karolin) as unique unit - replacing the Musketeer.

Some suggestions for unique Swedish buildings:

* Blast Furnace, +10% production from Iron and Copper
* Academic Hospital (a monolithic bureaucratic hospital typical to Sweden) which provides two extra scientist slots and +3 health.
* Systembolaget: Replaces Grocer, +10% commerce from Wine, Wheat and Corn
* Folkets hus ("The People's House", Labor movement community center): Replaces Jail, +2 Engineer slots
* Music Studio (representing world-famous bands like ABBA and Roxette, and producers like Denniz Pop and Max Martin): Replaces Broadcast Tower, produces 1 Hit Single, +1 free Artist

The Swedish city list should only contain cities which have always been Swedish - no cities from Danish provinces. They should be listed in order of foundation. Here is my list:

Stockholm, Skara, Sigtuna, Vasteras, Sodertalje, Kalmar, Nykoping, Arboga, Orebro, Jonkoping, Uppsala, Linkoping, Enkoping, Strangnas, Vaxjo, Norrkoping, Skovde, Gavle, Karlstad, Harnosand, Umea, Goteborg, Lulea, Boras, Sundsvall, Falun, Vanersborg, Eskilstuna, Karlskrona, Ostersund, Skelleftea, Haparanda, Oskarshamn, Motala, Ornskoldsvik, Nassjo, Trollhattan, Katrineholm, Boden

Good ideas about unique units and buildings for Sweden but I can't remake them so they will look like other buildings/units in the game.

I don't think Systembolaget would be a swedish unique building because it's just a shop for alcohol drinks and the company wasn't founded at the time you can build Grocers in the game.

I can remove the cities that's in Skåne, Halland and Blekinge. :)

Gurra09

That list would be fine.

I will use that list but Stockholm should be the capital and then you build Skara, Lund, Sigtuna and so on.

Gurra09

This is coming in the update:
*New city list for Sweden sorted in chronological order after when the swedish cities were built.
*A whole new Danish Civilization!
*Order and Selections sound for all three civilizations is changed from England/Germany to Vikings.

Do anyone has propositions for the UB's and UU's for all three civs because I can't find out what it can be?

Gurra09

Top Bottom