Switch-Civ Event

Renaud

Chieftain
Yesterday while playing as Grigori I encountered an event i've never seen before. I was asked by the AI Ljosalfar to leave my empire and take over leadership of their empire! Pretty crazy.

Has anyone ever seen this one before? I'm wondering if this is new with a recent patch. See linked screenshot:

I mean, they are not THAT pathetic or exactly living in squalor, although it's a nice touch. :goodjob: FYI, I didn't go for it...

That event is not new. I've never accepted the offer, because I get too attached to the civ I'm playing. I suppose that if one were getting bored with a game then that would be one way to spice things up again.

I got this just yesterday from Hyborem... which is odd considering I summoned him and turned down the offer to play him right there :p

The only time I took this offer I got crushed by my own SoD... I was coasting to a win and though the AI would screw up my lead. It didn't. It killed everything.

Seen the event a couple of times - it seems to happen about as often as the Minister Koun one (once in a number of games; I've maybe seen it 2-3 times). Never taken the option; AI generally suck, would suck at taking over your civ too...could be interesting someday to see the discrepancy though. But it's not like you get free C1-C4 when you switch to the AI's civ like they do, but you would inherit their existing units I'd imagine.

That would mean you can take over another empire as a leader they normally wouldn't have no? What would happen to the leader of your former civilization? Do the leaders switch or do you get a replacement from a minor leader like a colony?

Top Bottom