1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Take a rock, get a better rock

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Milosrdenstvi, Aug 12, 2008.

1. thewyrm

thewyrm Ambassador to Real Life

It was the quote for the Free Drones faction from Crossfire. In my opinion, the only mistake they made with AC was introducing the two alien races. It was much, much better as a human story. I liked the other new factions though.

2. thewyrm

This may seem odd because I work for an oil company, but the Gaians were my favorite faction. Being an Alaskan, I have a love/hate relationship with oil production. On the one hand, I see that contrary to popular opinion "big oil" actually do try their hardest to be environmentally responsible, but there will always be collateral damage in the name of profit. Being an Alaskan and growing up in this beautiful state that I love and want to see preserved, but knowing that we need the jobs and money that oil production provides is a slippery slope.

This is why I love to play as Deirdre, in a fantasy I get to forget about the real world and play as a militant anti-exploitation faction. Then I can feel, if just for a couple of hours, better about myself.

3. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

First of all there is a SMAC mod for Civ 4. Right here. On this forum. It's called planetfall. Go help it plz, it needs it.

Second: "That sunny dome! Those caves of ice!
    And all who heard should see them there,
    And all should cry, Beware! Beware!
    His flashing eyes, his floating hair!
    Weave a circle round him thrice,
    And close your eyes with holy dread,
    For he on honey-dew hath fed,
    And drunk the milk of Paradise."

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Also: "Therefore a wise prince will seek means by which his subjects will always and in every possible condition of things have need of his government, and then they will always be faithful to him."

Niccolo Machiavelli
    "The Prince"

At the bottom of the wikiquotes page for SMAC is a link to a site that has most of them. They are good aren't they?

Finally: Is it just me, or does the Self-Aware Colony project movie give you the creeps. *whispers* "We must dissent"

4. thewyrm

But Sister Miriam is right, we MUST dissent.

5. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

Indeed, that colony sucks. Vaporizing graffiti artists is not how you make friends.

6. thewyrm

By the way, thanks for the heads up on Planetfall. DL'ing it now. Unfortunately I am work right now so I won't be able to install SMAC's soundfiles for another 2 weeks.

7. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

I really suck at advertising. Not that I try to be good at it of course.

8. thewyrm

Post removed due to idiocy.

9. steampunk1880

steampunk1880 Prince

Not a problem.

We shall take only the greatest minds, the finest soldiers, the most faithful servants. We shall multiply them a thousandfold and release them to usher in a new era of glory.

Col. Corazon Santiago
    "The Council of War"

10. thewyrm

I also just now realized it was Maniac who responded to me anyway. Sorry gang, I am at work right now and I am just about to get off the clock. They say the mind is the first thing to go. . .

11. Maniac

Maniac Apolyton Sage

:confused:

12. thewyrm

It was a misunderstanding on my part. I read your post, mistook it as a reply from steampunk to my earlier post. Taken out of context it looked like a reply from him to me and taken from that point of view it looked like he had taken offense to a remark that was intended as a positive one. . . sigh.

I was just getting done with a 12 hour work shift and was in a hurry to get a response in before I had to shut down my laptop and not have internet access until this morning.

Long story short, I am a moron. We now return you to "Take a rock, get a better rock" already in progress.