Take control new civ

djenghis

Warlord
I played as greeks, to build the buildings i needed as romans (stonehenge, a trireme). But when the Romans spawn, i don't get the message;
a new civ is born, do you wish to take permanent control?

Why? Is this modded out?

I think you have to play the unlocked version in order to be able to switch civs.

You don't get the option to switch civs for ones that are very close to you. I believe this is to eliminate the exploit of deliberately sabotaging one civ to (for instance Greece) to make it easy for the civ you really wanted to be (say Rome) to conquer the former.

I don't think that's the case Q-Meister, precisely I think you don't get the option to switch to civs that are born near you in the time distance axis not in the land distance axis. So in this case Greece and Rome are both classical civs. Middle Ages civs are grouped in different spawn groups. These also affect starting buildings. Just my theory btw, but I don't think you can switch to the Spanish as the Vikings and they aren't near.

I don't think that's the case Q-Meister, precisely I think you don't get the option to switch to civs that are born near you in the time distance axis not in the land distance axis. So in this case Greece and Rome are both classical civs. Middle Ages civs are grouped in different spawn groups. These also affect starting buildings. Just my theory btw, but I don't think you can switch to the Spanish as the Vikings and they aren't near.

You can switch from the Turks to the Americans though, even though the Turks are the second to last civ. Same goes from the Japanese to the Maya, even though both are classical civs.

There's more to it than the general groupings, though I'm not sure what.

Hmm, it seems to be a combination of both distance and time: As Greece I can switch to the Japanese and the Maya, both classical era civs but cannot to Rome or Persia.

Probably makes sense.

It's also a matter of perspective: As Japan I was able to switch to pretty much any of the classical era civs. So in that respect, distance was the primary factor and not timeline.

Yes. 10 chars

Top Bottom