Taking hexes....

NaSMaX

Chieftain
In Civ 5 you could build a fort or use a great general take take extra hexes, anyone figure out how in this game yet?

A few Great Merchants can grab a luxury resource tile...no other 'tile grabbers'
If you use these guys to grab a tile that is further than three tiles away from any city you own, can any city you own work them?

If you use these guys to grab a tile that is further than three tiles away from any city you own, can any city you own work them?

Almost certainly not, but that doesn't stop you from getting access to the resource and the amenities it provides (if it's a luxury).

Almost certainly not, but that doesn't stop you from getting access to the resource and the amenities it provides (if it's a luxury).
Right, I understand the "point" of them, I was just wondering if anyone has actually tested it.

Using those Great Merchants doesn't give you the tile on which the luxury is located. It just gives you a copy of that luxury for your inventory, the same way certain Great Merchants directly provide a new luxury (like jeans or toys) that simply appears in your inventory, but nowhere on the map.

Using those Great Merchants doesn't give you the tile on which the luxury is located. It just gives you a copy of that luxury for your inventory, the same way certain Great Merchants directly provide a new luxury (like jeans or toys) that simply appears in your inventory, but nowhere on the map.
There are other great merchants which claim a luxury resource tile for your civ.

There is one that claims 1 tile and give you 60 gold and can be used 3 times, regardless of whats on that tile, as long as it touches your border. It was a excellent way to get a fourth ring iron and horse for me in my game.

But it seems that there is no option to steal already taken tile.
War weariness can cause your borders to shrink, so it might technically be possible to get a tile that was taken by an opponent at some point.

Top Bottom