[TC] Civcraft SC

Gerikes said:
New version up. Implemented the new cooldown system. Everything's the same (looking), but the math behind it is all completely different, which allows me to easily do acid spores causing units to not be able to attack as often as they should.

This one was a pain in the arse, so I did it in a few sittings, which explain the 5-day time. The next few shouldn't be so hard. I'm still aiming for v0.5 by October 1.

You might also noticed that I got bored between compiles and started making some cheezy graphics for unit abilities. If I just do one per day....

Only seven days away, am looking forward to it. Quick question for ya, how are you changing the look of the map/maps being used to the space type, i'd like to make some that look like planets etc?

strategyonly said:
Only seven days away, am looking forward to it. Quick question for ya, how are you changing the look of the map/maps being used to the space type, i'd like to make some that look like planets etc?

Well, the "space" terrains, as I've envisioned, will look like the Starcraft "platform" tiles. In other words, the "seas" will be space and stars, and the "land" will be metal platforms (as if the battle is on an orbiting satellite). I think as much as there is push to make it seem like a planet-hopping mod, I believe fans of that style of gameplay are going to have their hands full when Grey Fox releases "Interstellar Colonization". Planet-hopping is more on the macro-scale of control, similar to Civilization 4 vanilla, whereas Civcraft: SC will be more to the tune of controlling individual units and having strategic combat as opposed to worrying about diplomacy and economy.

Ok, I know I said today's the big day, and I do have most of what I want done, but there are a few things missing. Spider mines still need to be planted, transports implemented, Mutalisk splash, and a few more bugs that I've been meaning to get to, which all might take an additional day or two. Also, Medic Heal ability is going to wait until afterwards, since I now realize it will probably require a little more effort to get it working effectively.

awesome idea, can't wait 'til it's finished. I have experience in xml, python if ya need help. On the legal issue good luck with that, nowadays everything is become so ridiculous. Example I'm a guitarist and now just found out it's illegal for me to play by ear! Because I'm stealing someone else's music! NOT PLAYING FOR MONEY PEOPLE! So I understand the hard work aspect of going through all this, but would love to help out modders if I can. (no i haven't been a popular person on this site so no one knows about anything i do, i just love FFH2 so much I started making tweaks to it myself) Take care

As you might've seen, the amount of new content for Civcraft slowed down in the past few weeks, even halted while I worked on GerikSpells. When that was done, I went back to Civcraft, albeit by then at a much lesser pace. During those times, I was either in school with plenty of time, or out of school, out of work, and helping my family out, which yielded just a bit of time.

Unfortunately, due to family issues, and the fact that I need to get a job (and, since my field isn't exactly found much in my location, an apartment and whole new lifestyle to go with it) as well as to make sure that my individual life starts out on the right foot, I've decided to stop work on Civcraft, as well as any other Civ4 projects, such as GerikSpells.

My main goal was to show the extreme limits of the Civ4 modularity, from making completely new python structures wih GerikSpells to changing all the rules with the SDK in Civcraft, and I believe that even though Civcraft will not become an officially finished project, I believe I at least reached my goal, whether it be the entirely new combat system, changing how unit's are considered "invisible", or allowing for spells that use a common framework to target plots and units, the fact of the matter is the Civ4 modularity, due to it's nature of being more an API than a modding environment, can yield very powerful tools that expand the limit of mods that can be developed.

I want to thank everyone who gave well wishes and support to this mod. I have no plans to really continue in the future with it or any other Civ4 mods, including GerikSpells, so this is just as much my "farewell" just as it is for Civcraft. I might as well say thanks to everyone who made these forums fun and friendly, and good luck in all of your projects.

If you don't mind my asking are you going to be releasing the rest of your works and fixs on this mod with sdk changes that others might be able to pick it up?

If anyone wants to muck through my undocumented sources, they are all completely available on the svn server, located here. All changes I've made, including some scripts that can be modified (or fixed, since they're really specific to my computer) to help with making releases, are there as well. The art is not, but all art that was created is in the normal download on the wiki.

http://code.google.com/p/civ4-civcraft/

Just a note that the person working on the graphics has also moved on to other things, so they will no longer be creating. If someone wishes to continue this project, I can give assistance to be able to hopefully help them figure out what I was trying to accomplish. As for graphics, I would say that if someone were to continue to check out a mod on this board that allows for 2D images to be used as "tile" pieces like a board game. It would certainly help with not having to make dozens of entirely new models.

I know this is abandoned, but I wanted to try the last posted file. After extracting it I get a bunch of files. I tryed to put them in there appropriate places but it was to difficult for me (plus there are some new files that i have no idea where they go). Help please?

Top Bottom