TC: Tuesday 8/19/08 10:00 am EST (online)

Lord Civius

Emperor
The TC will be played Tuesday at 10:00 am EST. I originally planned on wednesday but the hurricane barreling down on my area has slowed down and won't be here til late tuesday early wednesday. I will be playing 10 turns. It will be online in the #turnchat channel (irc). Here are the issues before us:

1. Babylonian War
Should we end the war after taking the rest of the Dark East:
Akkad (New Capital)- Swordsman, Longbowmen
Shushan- Catapults (3), Swordsman, Maceman, longbowman
Or finish Lincoln off?

I suggest we make peace (and get whatever we can from him) after taking the Eastern cities and save the West for later. What say you, great citizens of Arete. I estimate 8-10 turns to take both cities.

2. Research
I have proposed this path-

Beelining Rifling seems a good way to go since we are going to complete the Harbormasters quest and no techs involved will obsolete it. Though we will need Chemistry for the more pressing Frigates. If we grab economics next and get the GM then this is the way we should go in my opinion:

*Economics(free GM, free market and Customs houses)--Gunpowder--*Chemistry(Frigates)--RP--Rifling(riflemen)

32 turns at our present research rate. The gold from a trade mission and the end of the war will also allow us to increase science rate. Churchhill and Caesar both have gunpowder but won't trade it as of now.

3. Great People
GG- Settle as Military Instrucor in Edorai.
GS- Discussion in thread is ongoing:
Provo-
Werner Heisenberg came out of Barcelona, he can bulb Scientific Method.

Since we got the harbormasters quest, we need to delay those technologies until we got a big navy that can absorb all these handsome bonuses. Scientific Method unfortunately ends that quest and that positive effect.

Should we use him for Academy, Golden Age or something else?

Lord Civius-
For the GS:
I recommend settling him in Arete.

4. Build queues (keep in mind these qeues are under the assumption we make peace after taking the rest of the East. If we choose to finish off Lincoln then of course military production will take precidence.

Arete- Bank (6)
Customs House (?)

New Giruvegan- Knight (2)
Stable (2)
Courthouse (5)

Arkadia- Bank (18)

Edorai- Heroic Epic (4)
Knight (3)
Knight (4)

Kassite- ??? (Whip Pikeman when old whip effects are over?)

Venice- Caravel (1)
Start Courthouse and work mine

Barcelona- Forge (3)
Start Courthouse

Madrid- Aqueduct (3)
Work mines
Start Grocer (12)

Cordoba- Forge (7)
Start Customs House

Seville- Harbor (4)
Start Library (18)

Santiago- Library (13)

Dur- Kurigalzu- Colosseum (8)
Maybe whip colosseum (-1 pop)
Start spy

Nippur- Library (72)

Babylon- will be in resistance for the TC.
Start Harbor is the plan after the Resistance

I say we make peace after the Dark East War is over (all Eastern Babylonian Cities, 2 more). We should go for Academy in Arete with the Great Scientist.

also make sure we got all 7 harbors lined up soon enough.

Also, I would like tor rename "Nippar" to "Blastoid", in our program for the Aretanization of Babylonian territories. It was Blastoids desert after all, and now we need Blastoid to make us new historical maps again, now that the world has gotten much bigger.

"Dur- Kurigalzu" should also be renamed to an Aretanian name. I think this should be named "Cycopolis".

Only Babylon should remain named as Babylon still, as it is our Whore of Babylon.

I think the Dur prefix has to go, because it sounds swarthy, filthy and Babylonian.

Possibly Antimedia could be good, after Antimedius.

Excellent formatting on the Instruction thread, Lord Civius.

Settling GS in Arete and Academy sounds good (before or after bank?) :dunno:

Let's end the war after the Dark East is ours and milk ole Abe for what we can get. We can come back for dessert later. :)

Warfire? A tribute to dutchfire, and the Warlords? (As a name for the city.)

We call it Warfire, as a tribute to Dutchfire, that after all planned the war.

I support that.

This was from the Research thread:

We also have the Shwedagon Paya now, it might be worthwhile to switch to Theocracy after Edori finishes the Heroic Epic (or before), settle the GG, and get some very elite units flowing out of our great Warlord city.

We call it Warfire, as a tribute to Dutchfire, that after all planned the war.

I support that.

Sure, that is fine with me.

We also have the Shwedagon Paya now, it might be worthwhile to switch to Theocracy after Edori finishes the Heroic Epic (or before), settle the GG, and get some very elite units flowing out of our great Warlord city
All up to the PF.

Can you also give the time in GMT please? :)

I think we should go for Vassalage and Theocracy, yes!

Don't build a stable in New Giruvegan. Move the Courthouse to the Stables place and build something else. Does it have a Hindu Cathedral yet?

Don't build a stable in New Giruvegan. Move the Courthouse to the Stables place and build something else. Does it have a Hindu Cathedral yet?

Cathedrals require the music tech. There is nothing else pressing at the moment for NG. It is not growing and needs no :health: so an aquaduct is unnecessary and they have plenty of happiness. It is a decent production city so after courthouse and stables it can be a Knight factory until we gets us some guns. Since you are the Governor I will take serious any recommendations.

NG- City Screen
Spoiler :

This was from the Research thread:

We also have the Shwedagon Paya now, it might be worthwhile to switch to Theocracy after Edori finishes the Heroic Epic (or before), settle the GG, and get some very elite units flowing out of our great Warlord city.
I was hoping someone would answer you with some facts. I'm not sure of the benefits of Theocracy over Hinduism. I will open a thread in the Citizen's sub-forum. In the future, you might try something likr this.

Will do, thanks.

We will have alot of buildings being constructed during my TC. The Organized Religion Civic will be much more useful. Once we are on a full-scale military build-up again then Theocracy will be a better option.

New Giruvegan should, in my opinion, be building:
A Courthouse, then
An Aquaduct (I know health is not pressing but happy is higher than health so it will be later), then, if there is time left,
A grocer (same reason), then, if there is time left,
University (so we can get Oxford).

The grocer and University are not stressed, so you may replace them with troops of necessary, but a stable goes against my will.

New Citynames should be

Warfire for Dur K... in honor of Dutchfire
Blastoid for Nippur... in honor of Blastoid and the Blastoid desert, and I want our mapmaker back for the medieval maps.

Top Bottom