Team Doughnut Central Information Thread

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
This thread will (eventually) hold all information relevant to the team, including elected officals, team rules, chat room information, team passwords and contacts, etc.

Elected Officials
Consul of Internal Affairs: Tomoyo
Consul of Foreign Affairs: Octavian X
- Ambassador to M.I.A.: killercane

Turnplayer Pool
Current turnplayer: DaveShack

Team Rules
The Fundamental Laws of Doughnutia

Turn Chat Information
If you are new to IRC, go ahead and use the java chatroom here: http://www.civfanatics.com/chat/

If you can to use mIRC, go to www.mirc.org and download the most recent version of the software. Use it to connect to irc.irc-chat.net, using port 6667. In the main window, you can simply use the command:

/server irc.irc-chat.net 6667

Once you've connected to the server, join the channel for the team, #MTDGdoughnut, using the key marge. This is done by using the following command:

/join #MTDGdoughnut marge

You can set your own nickname (preferably the one you use on these forums) using the command:

/nick yournick

where 'yournick' is the nickname you wish to use.

Lastly, if you are looking for some regular chat, join #civfanatics to talk with people in the public channel for our forums. Remember this room is public - don't talk about any information related to the team here.

Access of the Save

teamdoughnut@gmail.com
To access the account, go to www.gmail.com, login with username teamdoughnut and password teamone.

The password for the save is watpotd.

Guess this should be in the info thread.

gert-janl said:
I set up a Gmail account for the saves, so that the game can start as soon as possible. We shouldn't be holding the game already!

The address is: teamdoughnut@gmail.com

To open the inbox just go to http://mail.google.com/mail/ and log in with 'teamdoughnut' as username and 'teamone' as password.

Let's play the game :dance:

does anyone know when elections are?

LOL, ok, I just checked out our little homerj@simpsons.com email address, and no one has used it yet...unless someone is kindly marking all of the mail as unread but forgetting to nuke the spam. Anyways, maybe we can use it for diplomatic email, as there seems to be some contention about using the gmail account for anything BUT saves. Here is the info:

www.simpsons.com
login homerj
pick simpsons.com from the drop-down
password teamone

Remember, all email sent to the gmail account is automatically forwarded to this email server, so you have 2 places to check for the saves if you want.

Since to original city names thread dropped off the forum (since no one had posted in it for a while) it was difficult to find the names again. So i thought it would be a good idea to put them here for easy access:)

Springfield
Shelbyville
Cruller
Chocolate
Sugar
Crunch
Coffee
Cinnamon
Glazed
Powdered
Dunkin
Strawberry