Team Loco

Its worth a try and i figure Epsilon hasn't been flashing too many techs lately, now that they have a friend and all :)

I don't quite get it why they can't trade gunpowder. They are researching Banking atm.

Loco said:
Aloha,

There is unfortunate news on our end also. Though the trade you offer seems like a fair deal to us in theory, we already have a deal underway with another team that requires us to research banking as our next tech. Another deal forces us to trade away gunpowder as soon as we can get it, so this trade is not possible anyway. We'll try to get back to you soon with a different deal. Would you be interested in offering anything in return for banking?

Jeejeep
Executive Leader
Team Loco

sounds like they are paying for protection. I have a bad feeling we have just been put on the other side of a 3 team alliance. loco-epsilon-piffle. Just my gut...

Then why offer us Guilds?

I guess we can trade them something for banking but not too critical.

It could be a 3 on 2 forming but i get the feel Loco are placing an each way bet.

Then again their gunpowder deal could be with Innovia. We could approach them about it and see under the guise of trying to work out a common policy toward Loco so they don't play us off against each other:)

ok that could be... i just get the feeling something is about to happen

IIRC theoden told me they were researching banking.

We can still agree the powder deal- there reason for not doing that deal was because they couldnt agree to the non trade of it away.

IIRC theoden told me they were researching banking.

We can still agree the powder deal- there reason for not doing that deal was because they couldnt agree to the non trade of it away.

What if we came back and said they can trade gunpowder to whoever but not nationalism?

Greetings Loco,

It been a while since our last communication. As you may have noticed we have discovered Nationalism and want to know if a trade for gunpowder is still possible. We are happy to amend to original offer by allowing free trade of the technologies to other teams to fit in with your needs.

The offer of Nationalism for Gunpowder and Map is still open but we need to have an indiction on whether or not your interested. Also we would like to hear from you if you have any other deals you are open to.

All the best
Robi D, Aloha

Main point is with piffle and epsilon getting nationalism they have no one to trade it to anyway. I will send it off shortly

Can we allude to maybe needing to discuss something else.

'we'd also like to hear back from you shortly as we have a matter that concerns your national security which as close friends we feel you should know'

:)

Aloha,

We would like to take you up on the gunpowder deal. We will have it in 3 turns. We are not sure if it is too late by now, but if it is it is our fault anyway.

This turn we found a diplomatic message asking us to contribute deer to you for no concession at all. We would be happy to trade a resource for a resource, but we will not give in to demands.

We have been wondering about your opinion of our war with Innovia. We would like to stress (especially after the propaganda posted in the MTDG forums) that we did not provoke this attack in any way. We discovered a fleet of Innovian galleys loaded down with troops in the area near our lands. Seeing this (along witht the fact that one of their galleys was scouting out our lands) we thought it necessary to cancel our open borders.

If you are friendly towards us during this war, we would be happy for any money we could get from you by trade (for upgrades) this could take the form of trading a tech for gold, trading a resource for gold, or giving us a loan that would be repayed over time. An offer of military help would of course be welcome, but we feel it is too much to ask you at this point. If you wish to stay neutral, it would be nice for you to agree to peace for at least the next 15 turns, just so that we could be sure of your intentions. If you wish to oppose us, we will be ready.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Jeejeep
Executive Leader

Here is Loco's response. I don't remember us asking for them to give us deer for nothing:confused: Did you hit the wrong button BC:lol:

Anyway on the back of my emotive open letter in the main forum its time to turn the screw:D

Dear Jeejeep and the Loco people,

Much has happened recently. Firstly we are happy to cement our deal of Nationalism for Gunpower and Map. The trade can take place as soon as you have finished Gunpowder.

As for the demand for deer, i am confused myself. We had discussed amongst ourselves of a swap of deer . Our new President BCLG might have been a bit hungover from a long night celebrating his election win and sent the deal incorrectly.

We are very concerned by Innovias actions and i have posted an open letter in the End of Peace thread saying so. While we have had a good relationship with Innovia we do not support their attack on Loco. We will be reviewing our relations with them.

We are also sorry we were unable to warn you of their plans. There had been rumors floating around that they were planning an attack, which they assured us were not true. Given recent events we feel should warn you that there has been another rumor of an attack on Loco that has been floating around for a while and this is that Epsilon is also planning an invasion. I can not say for sure but it is possible that they have coordinated with Innovia so be wary of their intensions, they could be waiting for you to leave your joint borders undefended.

We are happy to offer you a non aggression treaty for the next 15 turns. I will take your offer of techs for gold to be discussed by the team and get back to you on it soon. Unfortunately we are unable to offer any military help at this time due to our relative geographic positions and the fact that our military is fairly small and geared towards defence.

The thoughts of Aloha are with the people of Loco.

We wish you all the best

Robi D, Aloha

And our reply:D . Ahh diplomacy is fun:lol: Hope they bite on the epsilon threat

hmmm thats weird i did offer something in exchange for deer ohwell. foreign office would get interesting just when i move onto something else.

hmmm thats weird i did offer something in exchange for deer ohwell. foreign office would get interesting just when i move onto something else.

You should have given me the Presidents job:p

Anyway it look like we have a bite on the line, so its time to reel them in:)

We must thank you and your people for supporting us at this critical time
We also thank you for considering our tech for gold trade and offering nationalism for gunpowder as it is much needed at the moment.

May I ask what would Aloha's position if Epsilon did invade?

I'll write them a letter tomorrow.

They could be digging for epsilon though so it would be best to hold our cards to our chest a little longer.

Yes diplomacy can be lots of fun :backstab:

Anyway here is the guarded response to Loco's question

To answer your question, our position on an Epsilon attack is no different then to Innovia's attack. It would definately change the dynamics of the game.

It is interesting to note that both Epsilon and Piffle have been silent so far on the current events.

So how does that sound?

I'll wait to send it so give me your feedback

'north easterly'? ;)

otherwise how about, 'we would be outraged that a team would take advantage of you in this way with no prior warnings. Im afraid the higher up do not really want to part with their hard earned gold but we would also very much like to consider a tech for tech deal regarding banking.'

id include the bit on epsilon and piffle though

Just say gold is tight but we are figuring out if its possible.

north easterly:confused: I don't get it.

This ammended message was sent

To answer your question, our position on an Epsilon is that we would be furious that they would take advantage of you in this way with no prior warnings. It is interesting to note that both Epsilon and Piffle have been silent so far on the current events.

As for your trade offer i'm afraid that we are not in a position to give you gold for a whole tech at this time, however would your team be interested in trading banking for another tech. Would you be interested in Compass and Horseback Riding?

Top Bottom