Team X

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, Masagin's idea might not be as bad as it sounds. If I understood correctly, he/she proposed one known "secret" society. The world is full of them, not just the conspiracy theorists nuts, right?

Recruting key places/voices in all the "physical" teams/civs to "innocently" introduce and push for measures in the host teams to try meet the secret society goals(in Masagin's idea, the stability of the map). That would also be a solution for the early break of war problem that doesn't allow the big majority of MP games reaching the modern era.

But boy, would there be fingers flying! :lol:

Probably with a cure, another plague: most teams would disolve as paranoia would spread.

EDIT: Sorry to take this out from under the carpet, but it's an interesting subject and demogames are still in the infancy stage.

When this was necro'd, I seriously worried there would already be accusations flying, about double accounts and random posters causing trouble for some team. This should probably be closed completely, it didn't need a bump, nor this discussion.

Don't knock down debate/discussion, it's always healthy.

But independently of it's benign or malign simptoms(I mentioned both sides of the coin and there's more), it's perfectly doable within the (forum and game) rules. Overseered my the mods like anyother team and with a board that would be open later on like anyother team.

Anyway, I'm saying it's an interesting idea, not a particulary good one.

Anyone knows 79' boardgame Dune? There is a Bene Gesserit faction that IIRC don't have troops, but can work in the extra-board environment, sort of like this idea. The Bene Gesserit faction would win if the team they decided on in the beguinning of the game would win, therefore stealing the other faction's win. Very cloack & Dagger stuff.

But of course, there needs to exist a certain maturity level so that people didn't go around posting irractionality around.

No, it's generally dangerously close to infractable to talk about double-accounts and such stuff, and this has been an often discussed worry in previous similar games like this. The game already started, the OP's idea was not implemented, this thread should have died.

But Masagin mentioned anything of the kind? He/she even clearly negated those practices.
And this scenario has come up for discussion in other games? Didn't know that.

And shure, the game as already started and it wasn't implemented. Since when an impossibility closes the door on the discussion over a subject?

Again, I'm not saying that this is a good idea to implement as it is, just an interesting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom