Teaming up with the computer

oPunchDrunko

Prince
Has anybody else tried this? I'm not talking about about making friends while you are playing the game, i'm talking about setting up teams before the gme starts, in the set up. If I set up teams, will my team member betray me or attack me? If I go to war with somebody will they bring their teammate to war, also?

Has anybody else tried this? I'm not talking about about making friends while you are playing the game, i'm talking about setting up teams before the gme starts, in the set up. If I set up teams, will my team member betray me or attack me? If I go to war with somebody will they bring their teammate to war, also?

They will not attack you and any war you enter, they will enter. or vice versa. Science is pooled from all of the Teams civs and the Science victory may be hard with them because you can only have one person building a part at a time. (ex. If I am building the Cockpit, no one on my team can build it.) The manhattan project and apollo program are team projects. One person builds it and the whole team gets it.

Ok, thanks

What about domination? Will both of our territory count or will it be just my territory that counts?

Ok, thanks

What about domination? Will both of our territory count or will it be just my territory that counts?

In domination all you have to do is eliminate all of the capitals not on your team. Basically your team is part of you in every way with a few excptions.

You just have to take the capitals? I thought you needed a certain percentage of territory of the map to win?

You just have to take the capitals? I thought you needed a certain percentage of territory of the map to win?

Domination victory I'm referring to is taking all of the capitals. There is a screen that you can look at that shows all the available Victory conditions in that current game. It can show you who still has their capital, progress on the space race, cultural victory, and the diplo vic.

There is no Domination Victory in Civ 5 PunchDrunk

Each member on the team has their own happiness and culture and social policies. You can trade lux/strategic resources. Also, each team member can dictate war/peace. Your AI team member can accept that peace deal right before you get the juicy city.

Each member on the team has their own happiness and culture and social policies. You can trade lux/strategic resources. Also, each team member can dictate war/peace. Your AI team member can accept that peace deal right before you get the juicy city.

Yeah, I figured out that today. I was hoping what making 5 teams of 2 would result in a crazy world war when people declared war, but when my teamate made peace with the civ he was warring against, I had to stop warring too... not quite what I was hoping for in a team game.

There is no Domination Victory in Civ 5 PunchDrunk
yes... there is

Afaik, you have time, science, cultural, diplomatic and conquest (which is very different from domination from earlier Civ versions).
So where did you find the domination victory? In a mod? Cause I'd like to have that then. I liked to "you have to have xx% of the map or population of the world"...

Afaik, you have time, science, cultural, diplomatic and conquest (which is very different from domination from earlier Civ versions).
So where did you find the domination victory? In a mod? Cause I'd like to have that then. I liked to "you have to have xx% of the map or population of the world"...

What? There is no conquest victory type in my game. I have: Time, Science, Cultural, Domination, and Diplomatic.

And I have the latest patch. I'm pretty sure none of my mods created Domination.

You guys are just arguing between the two different types of Conquest/Domination.

In Civ4, you needed a % of the game land
In Civ5, you need to own all of the capitals in the game.

I personally enjoy Civ5 more. There are some mods that add a land ownership requirement as well.

Civ 4 - Conquest = Destroying, capturing all opponent cities.
Civ 4 - Domination = Controlling something like 51% of land and 67% of population. (numbers could be off)
Civ 5 - Domination = Being the last civ to control your own capital. You don't even have to control all of the other capitals.

I remember seeing a post on here a few months ago from someone who was going for a peaceful victory and had only gone to war to defend themselves. They hadn't taken a single AI capital. They won the game with a Domination victory because one of the AIs had taken all of the other capitals and then lost it's own to a completely different civ.

I remember seeing a post on here a few months ago from someone who was going for a peaceful victory and had only gone to war to defend themselves. They hadn't taken a single AI capital. They won the game with a Domination victory because one of the AIs had taken all of the other capitals and then lost it's own to a completely different civ.

...lol.

Who's design decision was it to make it like that? Jon Shafer?

I think it kinda makes sense like that though :shifty:

As long as you hold your own capital, you're safe!

Top Bottom