Tech Tree/Icons

So are you still going to use Goldflash's tree or are you making a totally new one? I thought you might get started putting it together, since having a tech tree is probably the most vital (and demanding) think for a mod. ;)

I agree with lizardmenrule. It's a good start for a tech tree. Once I get the chance, I'll try to make some sci-fi tech-boxes ('cos that would be, like, totally cool :p ).
I'd like to make more other static graphics too, since my processor seems to be getting a head-ache from all the rendering required by the unit animations. Well, maybe that's just some sort of winter flu.

I think Goldflash's tech tree is a good base, but it could use more "non-unit" techs for wonders and additional improvements and things

So do you have all the buildings planned out? If not, then that's probably a good place to start.

And who is handling the biq anyway?

I'd say a plain "Warehouse" works best for that :p
(Maybe a Wayrhows for the Orkz)

Ok, while i've been catching my breath after the Chaos pack, i've been putting some thought into the tech tree. Could use a few more techs for the 4th era, but i'm reasonably happy with the rest

This is what i've come up with:

Key: Red=Chaos, Dark Green=Imperium, Light Blue=Eldar, Light Green=Orks, Orange=Tau
U=Units, I=Improvements, SW=Small Wonders, W=Wonder, E=Effects, J=Worker Jobs

Will I assume that the technology names are more for description at the moment, rather than their final names? :)

If so, then it looks perfect, pending playtesting! :D

Sorry, of course! Yes, if it's not 'historical' then these seem more or less spot on!

Yeah, aside from that pesky era 4 (just what can be put there?), everything looks good. Perhaps more civ- and allegiance-specific techs could be put in, though I guess that'd be easier to work out at a later point (i.e. when the base mod is workable), perhaps.

I reckon Imperial Armour type stuff goes in to the 4th era? Like Titans, branching off from the Super Heavies tech; etc.

What about adding add-on teches (such as Frag Grenades, Melta-Bombs, Power Fists etc.) that will increase power of basic infantry/vehicle units (for example, Marine I can be upgraded to Marine II with +1 HP for free after research of Bionics)? I think, this will make game-starting infantry more usable in later game.

Top Bottom