Technical issues

Karl81

Chieftain
I've got some minor technical problem with ROM 2.51. This has to do with new technolgies introduced in ROM. When technology window appears after discovery the speech is either from some regular game tech (most often) or missing instead of the new speech. The same with text, sometimes from new tech, sometimes from some regular tech or missing. I tried to install ROM in Program Files (x86)/game/bts/Mods or in Users.../game/bts/MODS and the same.

I have also noticed that when you upgrade a building the option to build the initial building comes up

like i build customs house, then it asks me it i want to build toll house though i already built it and it was a prereq for customs house

FriskyBuddha, are you playing 2.51 or 2.50x?

2.502 had the issue with the upgrade buildings resetting the que for the prerequisites.

You could build harbor, port/harbor, comm. port/port/harbor, int. port/comm. port/port/harbor each time regaining the bonuses of the previous building.

The bug affected all upgradeable buildings, but was addressed in 2.51.

The mod doesn't add any sounds/speechs to techs and that's why you are hearing them again from regular BtS techs. There's still few things which don't have pedia. Adding new sounds would increase the size of the mod too much and since I'm not native english, I won't be making those speechs myself (would need someone to write and record them so there's fine little mod project for someone ;)). Pedias I'll try to correct but those are the last thing on my to-do list - keeping mod fun to play and bug free are my main concerns.

Top Bottom