Technology creation program

seady said:
I can't access that domain. I can download updates but generally i can't access microsoft sites. They told me when i called them it was because i have other non-microsoft operating systems on separate partitions and for further help i had to wipe all non-microsoft partitions.

Is there any other way to access the program?

I'm sorry, I don't know anyone. I don't think you can execute it. (but if anyone knows how to, please say so!)

thanks for the new one, now only if it came with icons...

seady said:
I can't access that domain. I can download updates but generally i can't access microsoft sites. They told me when i called them it was because i have other non-microsoft operating systems on separate partitions and for further help i had to wipe all non-microsoft partitions.

Is there any other way to access the program?

This might not work, but try going to the Microsoft site in a browser other than Internet Explorer (i.e., Firefox, Netscape, Opera).

You know the saying, "Microsoft knows what's best for you.".

Even I'm weary about downloading the .NET 2.0 platform. The last time I did that, it messed up my .NET 1.1 compiler (VB.NET, C#.NET, etc.) - both at my home and work computers.

Then there's API window forms in C++ (yuck! yuck! yuck!), and VB6 which can't handle XML as well at .NET... (yuck!).

(I would've made an editor myself years ago, but Microsoft really is discouraging me... no one should have to download 20+ megs to use a program.)

i looked at it and i think it looks very nice. i remember another tech creator, but it was some kind of in-game mod.

does your version import from mods, to edit and streamline the tech?>

How soon do you plan on buying BtS? because i will need that platform editable ( i saw you wrote it greyed out)

It will be importing from mods as soon as importing is on, yes :)
almost finished that (terrible) part of code here, along with some other stuff (including bug-fixes)
I'm not yet sure how soon I'll get BtS, but when it comes out (23rd in US, right?) I'll look for someone to send me part of the new xml file - 1 tech would suffice, cuz I can then see where the new features are placed in the file.
(PS: if you'd like to send it. just 1 tech would be enough)

Er... whoops, apparently I forgot to post it, have it finished for months... as well as some other minor updates/bug fixes

I'll post a new version within a few days.

I'm eagerly waiting for the update! :goodjob:

Ack... Does... it HAVE to be .net 3.5... >.< *hisses* Damn M$ making no version 3.0 or newer compatible with W2k(or anything elce older then XP...)... >.<

How important is said big update?... ; . ;

Other than that... Shiiiiny.

Also... I take it import is a wip/in the upcoming update I wont be able to use... Grah.

As a matter of fact, I was planning on doing it today... but now my visual studio just crashed. So I'll post it as soon as it's working again, I'm sorry, but I can't access anything ATM...

Laucian, any news on the BTS update?

:nuke: Cheers, Thorgrimm :nuke:

1) Cool program. I'm eagerly awaiting the BTS version, although hopefully it will support Win 2000. If not, I suppose I can get away with using the old version.

2) A bug - anytime I click on a tech that has pre-reqs, it doubles the pre-reqs. Frex, say I make a tech called "Ion Drive" that requires "FTL Travel" and "Advanced Chemistry". When I click on another tech, and then click back on Ion Drive, now it requires "FTL Travel", "Advanced Chemistry", "FTL Travel", and "Advanced Chemistry". If I click off and then back on it again, it will now show 4 of each tech in the requirements box, and then 8 of each, etc... It's kind of annoying, and I end up trying desperately not to click on any techs I have created, and trying to remember to remove excess pre-reqs any time I do.

Ok people... I'm sorry to keep everyone waiting so long, but I'm in my final year at high school and i'm just so terribly busy with school I can't find time to finish this version (mostly fixing bugs). So it might take some more time... This week for instance is already completely filled, mostly with school stuff. And many more weeks to come also are... I'm really sorry, but I can't do very much about it.

I've already found some bugs since the release: the tech tree is not working, as are some very small specific things (mainly concerning having the maximum nuber of techs). I'll post a revision within a few days.

Also, I finally got importing! I'm working on it. A beta of it will be included with the revision.

Excellent...great news :goodjob:

Cant wait to try it out. Going crazy waiting for someone to offer a tech tree editor that works with the latest BTS. :(

Top Bottom