1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Techs Question

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by nokmirt, Jan 14, 2010.

1. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I am working on a mod and from playtesting the game some techs I do not want used have been turning on later in the game, for instance I am being attacked in the musket age by SAM infantry.

I have tagged all the later techs with TECH_FUTURE_TECH, so they will need to have future tech as a prerequisite before they can be used. Will this work, or do I have to completely remove all the techs I am not using from the tech tree? I am hoping I do not have to go through the trouble of taking all these techs out. Thanks for any help.

2. Telecide

Telecide Chieftain

I think I remember trying to do that in a mod I was working on. If I remember correctly TECH_FUTURE_TECH didn't work as a prereq and I had to use TECH_FUSION instead.

3. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

I have also tried that in my mod, exept it was a unit that required future tech. I'm pretty sure it's because the future tech is repeatable so basicly when you discover it, you don't actually have it. :eek:

I'm not sure though why it would allow someone to build SAMs. Are you sure you have defined it to require a certain tech that no one has?

4. General Tso

General Tso Panzer General

You can set the bDisable field in Civ4TechInfos to 1 to disable a tech. If I remember correctly, the tech still shows up in the tech tree, but it's a different color and can't be reserched.

5. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

Yes I disabled them today, all the ones I am not using. The x and y coordinates are all set to -1 so they are not on the techtree.

The French built a whole bunch of them, funny they had galleons full of them(SAM infantry and artillery. A wooden fleet with galleons and frigates, transporting modern weapons. The techs were not disabled properly.