Term 2- Foreign Affairs

Zarn

Le Républicain Catholique
This is my statement in the other forum.

Originally posted by Zarn

Hello, this is the Catholic Republican speaking. I am now the head of foreign affairs. Foreign affairs is crucial to the survival of our great nation. Without friends we lose. So, it is vital that we stay connected with the other sites. Former Foreign Advisor Goonie has set up an excellent department and should be applauded for his efforts in the department. I will do my best to find the motives of Apolyton, and deal with them accordingly. I will not shun them right away and am happy to see others haven’t either. I was told that Apolyton was going to contact me, so I now standby for any message from Apolyton through my account there. Please give me any information you may receive from any other sites. All information known about other sites should be known to this department, the president, and to the respected ambassadors. I will post the known factions and information on them a little later. Thank you for your time. May the Force be with you.

Any questions, comments, info etc... please let me know. I prefer through one of the foreign affairs threads or pm. Thanks, again.

May I please apply for Ambassador to Apolyton.

I would like to be the spy of Apolyton I have a huge influence there, but CFC has my soul ;)

@Fier: I will see what I can do. Of course, I will talk this over with the ambassador and the president.

@Goonie: Yes

@Sheep: Errr... sorry. I won't hire a spy.

@Cheetah: I'll check with my ambassadors.

I will not have access to the internet for a few days starting now. So, ambassadors tell the other embassies that I am unavailable for this short amount of time. My family is redoing the upstairs, and that means that the computers will have to be disconnected. It was something I wasn't aware of, until today. If we need someone to act as the foreign minister for these few days (I don't know the exact amount of time, but I doubt we will need someone), then I think Goonie should take over, until I come back. I won't be able to respond to this post, until the computers are plugged back in.

Well, for what it's worth, I am back online. Anything fun happen?

Ambassadors, please post the last date of when you contacted your nations. Also post what 'deals' have been arranged in them. This way I can have a general idea of what is being arranged and so we don't leave other civs in the dark.

I only have one report. Are the other ambassador's 'active?'

Originally posted by Zarn
Ambassadors, please post the last date of when you contacted your nations. Also post what 'deals' have been arranged in them. This way I can have a general idea of what is being arranged and so we don't leave other civs in the dark.

First of all, I believe you should be on top of recent deals and the such. That is your job! If you want any other info, please check my Department thread. That is what it is there for.

Originally posted by Goonie

First of all, I believe you should be on top of recent deals and the such. That is your job! If you want any other info, please check my Department thread. That is what it is there for.

If you haven't noticed, I wasn't able to get to my computer before. One thing happened than another, both preventing me from getting to this site. Anyone can loss access easily for a number of reasons. I didn't plan on losing it, and I am going to try to get things up and running. Part of your job is to listen to me, but there is no point in fighting one another, so I won't get into it. We still have to deal with foreign nations, and that's what I plan doing.

Enough of this.

Goonie, there is no room for this intradepartmental squabbling, especially with the looming situation at hand with the Gamecatcher Alliance.

And Zarn, I wish you had sent me an e-mail or something, just to let me know that you were having difficulties access the site. I would have quite gladly posted on your behalf to let everyone know of your troubles and, at the same time, kept you apprised of our current deals and negotiations whenever possible.

------

We will need a unified (and fully functional) Foreign Affairs Department now, more so than ever before in this game. If war is to break out between us, then it will fall squarely on this department's shoulders to recruit allies, or at the very least to keep the others out of the fight.

Our nation needs to focus on the external threats that loom before us, and not be distracted by these internal feuds. So, please, for the sake of our nation, I strongly suggest we get past whatever bitterness may exist as a result of the last election and move forward.

Am I the only one who read Zarn's post that he would not have internet access for some time? And that he came back?

It's right up here, post #7 and #8.

Anyways, lets work together as a team. When we settle the Iron City I'm sure GCA will react. The question is how?

We don't know how, Cheetah, but the one thing we should do is prepare for the worst. The worst thing is obviously war. Gamecatcher always was aggressive towards our civilization. We need to secure our lands, asap.

I am going to pm Octavian to see if we get get rid of that warrior. With the warrior there, we cannot make deals with them. I will aslo pm both ambassadors of the other nations to see if we can rally some support. We should set up chat with each nation including GC. I think we should chat with GC first, so if they back off we don't have to say false alarm to the others.

We can only hope they back off, but like I said it is very unlikely.

I am sorry if my post came off as arguementative, but all the info Zarn needs is in the thread I put alot of time into. I would hate to see it go to waste.

We had a brief little chat with MicaelisRex from Elucidia this afternoon. I think it went very well and offers a promise of a long-term friend and ally.

Chat Log

Just a little chat I had with Eklektikos. Until we get the save, I really wouldn't believe him...

Session Start: Wed Jun 11 18:29:30 2003
[18:30] <Octavian_X> Seeing as we don't have the save game at the moment, can I assume that GCA's mining operation next to Yun Feng has been completed?
[18:30] <Eklektikos> I'm afraid it continues as before
[18:31] <Octavian_X> You still have a warrior in violation of our territory? This won't flow well with Fanatikou....
[18:34] <Eklektikos> as I recall you were the people who rejected every attempt to establish terms for coexistence, including official borders. I would also point out that our mining operation was there before your city was founded. You effectively chose to place our unit inside your borders, so it's a bit perverse to be complaining about it now :)
[18:36] <Eklektikos> It's not as if it's doing any harm, either. Just sitting there minding its own business.
[18:41] <Octavian_X> Let me just tell you: I probably prevail as one of the coolest heads on our team. I have no problem at the moment, so long as we get to build a road there when our worker team arrives. When this news reaches everybody else, I can't guarentee a peaceful coexistance for very long.
[18:49] <Eklektikos> I'd be hard pressed to think of an instance of any kind of guarantee emerging from Fanatikou, so this is nothing new :)
[18:50] <Octavian_X> I 'll be the first on our side to agree with you. :)
Session Close: Wed Jun 11 19:55:29 2003

Top Bottom