Term 2- Foreign Affairs

I've read that three times now, and everytime I do, I get more upset than the last. Their contempt is unbelieveable, and it will never be forgotten. :nono:

I've got a guarantee for them.... Get out of our lands or I guarantee we'll get you out of our lands!

:hammer: :rocket: :ripper: :rocket2: :spank:

I don't believe they have any intention of leaving, unless they are attacking with the warriors. War looks inevitable. Keeping the other nations informed will keep them on our side, so we have to tell them everything we can find out about GCA's motives. I believe sharing info with the others shouldn't be a problem.

Please draft an alliance agreement (preferably short and sweet) between our nation and Elucidia and Apolyton.

I recommend that we be very clear in the document that we all consider Gamecatcher's refusal to vacate our lands an act of war. Also, if they refuse to vacate our lands within (2 turns?), we will reserve the right to remove them by force with the blessing of the other nations in the alliance.

Finally, we shall all three coordinate our efforts to eliminate the threat of GCA acting in this manner again in the future, and for the duration of the alliance, no trading of any kind between alliance nations and Gamecatcher is permissable.

Originally posted by Octavian X
Perhaps we're being just a bit too reactionary. We should just keep our cool, and politely ask them to leave.
We did that....

...and we should do it again, but with the backing of an alliance.

I appreciate your willingness to remain level-headed, but this latest exchange is nothing more than another insult against our team. The very idea of calling us perverse and untrustworthy. They really go too far.

I would only give them a turn or two to get out.

Aye, I'm updating the Northern States Alliance for final approval.

Who is drawing up our war/battle plans? Do we have one? Where is it? Are we rushing as many troops to the hot spot as possible? Are we acting like this is war or are we still in the stage of feebly asking them to leave? I need a Military update!

Wrong thread Cyc.... ;)

I urge you to contact the Military Minister, and if necessary, provide whatever assistance you feel is needed.

You're so right 40J. I just thought I'd stir up the embers of the F/A. I'd like to help with the war plans, but as I don't have PTW, I can't load up the saves. This makes getting all the pertanent info rather difficult. It also makes making maps a little difficult. I just went to the Military department and it appears as if we are in the pencil-sharpening stage, but at least that's a start. ;)

Well, loading the mid-turn save under the current patch would likely provide unpredictable results (due to a bug that should be fixed by the next patch).

However, we should be able to get most of what we need from our web site. If not, then let me know what you think we need and I'll try to add that content to the site.

True. I guess I wasn't thinking. I'll go look.

actually, in some ways, you can get more information from the site than you could from the save game. Since all pages are now set up with a drop down box to select the screen shot from previous turns, you can get historical data as well as current data from the site. Might be helpful in military planning...

I received an e-mail from Lucky this afternoon.
Hi,

since there was no official request or other contact from your empire until the last turn, we do not understand your ''war drums''!

But now that I know of your demand (after I played this turn) we are of course ready to move the warrior next turn (1325BC) if it can go freely and unharmed.
Our ambassador will contact you with this proposal, too.

We would also like to have a chat with you guys asap, preferably tonight. I hope you can spare a few minutes.
:D

Lucky
To which, I have responded:
Lucky,

Official request or not, we have been hinting for some time that your warrior needed to go. During our last meeting (way back when), I believe we mentioned our intentions to settle in your direction and construct a roadway to your cities so that we could trade. And, you obviously recognized our message to you when we renamed our warrior requesting that you leave, as you replied by renaming your own. I do not understand why you are now acting as if this is suddenly new to you.

Furthermore, I don't think there's a player in this game that would not consider the failure to immediately vacate a resource-laden tile inside someone else's borders as anything but an act of war. Our so called "war drums" are nothing more than a response to your insistence on blockading our access to that iron deposit.

We do not want a war, but are prepared to fight it if necessary. I will honor your request to allow your warrior to vacate our lands safely next turn, provided your units have not initiated hostilities towards us before then.

I also would like for our teams to meet. It has been far too long since we have talked and there may be some things that we both can do to strengthen our mutual positions in the game. However, I cannot meet this evening due to other commitments. I would prefer that we schedule it for either tomorrow afternoon, or perhaps Sunday evening. Let me know what is good for you.

I regret that circumstances have brought us this close to war, but I'm hopeful that we can resolve this peacefully and finally begin to develop a mutually beneficial relationship between our nations.

Respectfully,
FortyJ
I did venture over to their chat room looking for Lucky or another higher-up, and stumbled into anarchy1, who identified himself as the assistant ambassador to CFC (although I'm not certain we can take anything he says at face value)...
[15:50] <anarchy1> Well we really wanted to talk to CFC before your next turn, we are
afraid you may be planning some sort of military action against us? Although I am sure
this is not the case ;)
[15:51] <FortyJ> Lucky assured me that you all will vacate our lands next turn.
[15:51] <FortyJ> Doing so will prevent any such escalation of tensions, so to speak
[15:51] <anarchy1> indeed. . . .
[15:52] <FortyJ> but, we still should meet to discuss matters
[15:52] <anarchy1> of course, but you have repeatedly refused to agree to any kind of set
borders
[15:53] <FortyJ> not entirely accurate
[15:53] <anarchy1> No, its completely accurate
[15:53] <FortyJ> your previous proposals were somewhat unfairly balanced
[15:53] <FortyJ> insisting on certain access rights etc...
[15:53] <anarchy1> They were completely reasonable, you just have to be awkard
[15:54] <FortyJ> I guess "reasonable" depends on your point of view

Please don't cut them any slack. If you would like me to come and back-hand them occasionally while you're chatting with them, I can do that ;). We need to make them walk a very straight line. Forming the alliance is still a good idea.

Definitely... words are one thing... Action is another.

Until their units are clear of our lands, the alliance is still a must have.

I agree, guys. No slack. Once their troops leave, then I will be willing to talk to them on all matters. Remember, these guys have been pushing us for a while now. We can't let a bunch of bullies win in civ. Can we? ;)

Anyway, I think they recognized our potential alliances and may back down. No one wants to be in a fight outnumbered three to one. If they don't back down, then they must hope they can get real lucky in battles.

The fact is that they have been showing agression, even if the game doesn't register it. They have been monitoring our development for a while now, intuding our worker's actions, moving large amounts of troops around us. They deserve to be attacked, and I hope they realise it.

Here's the latest reply from Lucky:
Thank you. Your unit movement so close to our border is why we had to
look out for the lives of our warriors. With no official treaty and so
many units where they shouldn´t be, moving our warrior would have
exposed it to too many dangers.
We will now move it in our next turn, tomorrow.
:D

Lucky
We'll have to wait and see what happens when we get the next save.

I only wish we had kept the wall of forces to the south and east to prevent him from moving in those directions. I'd much prefer him go north and then east than allow him to move into the hinterland.... But, no sense in worrying about it now.

The latest from GCA...
After seeing your recent troop movements, including clearly offensive
types, we simply cannot move our warrior before we are able to reach a
kind of agreement with your empire first. Moving it now would be a very
unwise decision from our standpoint, we simply cannot do that. And we
simply cannot stand by and watch while you amass huge amount of troops
near our borders while demanding from us to give in to every request you
make.
I´m sorry, the citizens of Gamecatcher will never put their troops into
a such awkward position with nothing more than mere words to rely on and
no official treaties.
I hope we can change this state of unreliability as soon as you are