Term 4 - The Senate

My dear Senators,

The citizens have spoken. In the polls ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85068 ) it seems the citizens want an MA with India when Babylon or Germany ally with Russia.Although the poll isn't closed yet (but it will close in just over an hour).

I assume the result will not change. That will make item 15 void for a senatorial vote; it will be an automatic "yes". We will see in just over an hour.

(For the life of me, I can not find the term 4 Internal Affairs thread...). Anyway, I'd like the governors of the following (and soon to be following) cities to consider rushing culture (temples) here (included are upgrades):

Code:
Rush temples in:

Sambhava 	- 92g
Fallsong	- 200g
City of the Da.	- <240g (currently in resistence)
Grindenwald	- <240g (currently in resistence)
Smolensk	- <240g (not captured yet)

Sub-Total	- 1012g 

[b]Upgrades[/b]
3 Galleys	-  60g
3 Catapults	-  120g
1 Horse		-  100g (turn 2)

Current Gold	- 2554g (307gpt)
Total		- 1832g
-----------------------
		  722g	(1029 gold after the turn 2 upgrade)

There may be other rush requests of warriors, if I can find the defenses for them. (400 gold total, but only 320-360 might be used). 5 can be upgraded this turn for 200g. Another 4 can be upgraded next turn (or 2) for 160g. A spear can be upgraded next turn for 80g. An archer can be upgraded for 40 gold.

That's 460g for lesser upgrades that can be done later in the turnchat, for a Grand Total of 2292g. (Provided that Internal builds a barracks)

Hold that request! I was just analyzing the save some more. Muskets can be rushed for about 100-200g. There's 9 cities that can use Muskets. While most may be regulars, I think it would be a deterant to Germany. I'm going to post a discussion.

I probably won't be here to post anytime else before the next chat, so here's my province instructions for that turnchat. RM, please post them when you post the Senate instructions.

Instructions for Sérliënorë

Groton: Cavalry, Library, Cavalry

Mûre: Courthouse, Cavalry, Cavalry

Grand Bricolage: Aqueduct, Temple, Barracks

Sambhava: Temple, Barracks, Library

Worker instructions: 1) Up to the DoI or the President’s judgment.

Other: My turn for city naming passed a while ago, and I want my city named. Do try to name the next captured city New Gondolin.

I would like to place a request to have any Culture producing Buildings to be rush built in Fanatican Capured Russian cities.

Originally posted by CivGeneral
I would like to place a request to have any Culture producing Buildings to be rush built in Fanatican Capured Russian cities.

lol - can you be any more generic?

-- Ravensfire

I'm sure the colleseum would be in good use. ;) (that's the last culture improvement that should be built, BTW).

Since the Golden Age comes to an end soon, I want to have at keep 1000g in our treasury to allow deficit research. Our military is more than enough to finish Babylon without spendig excessive money for hurrying units. Only border cities should get hurried culture.

Remember that the plan is for all 40 cavs (we need a couple more). That would leave those cities undefended...

On the other hand, rails are coming within 5 turns.

And there is absolutely no need to defend cities deep in our territory with 2 units, unless we have a ROP. And that is why I am against ROPs, especially with railroads looming.

The war might be almost over when rails come.

Didn't we have this before?

"After the war is before the war!" :D

Edit/add. I would have the strategic rr backbone in place in at most 10 turns. I'm not so sure about this game ....

Originally posted by tao
Didn't we have this before?

"After the war is before the war!" :D

Edit/add. I would have the strategic rr backbone in place in at most 10 turns. I'm not so sure about this game ....

I beleve it would be a good idea to have a major railline running from one end of our country to the other side.

Province of Endor's Rush Build Request

I wish to rush build the following items in my queue that are marked in bold:

Province of Endor Instructions

Antwerp: Temple (19) (Cost: 228g), Barracks (14)
The White City: Temple (53) (Cost: Unknown, Rush after city is out of resistance), Marketplace (100)

finally a real request I can turn into an item.

Senators

item 17
Do you approve the cashrushing of a temple in Antwerp for 228 gold ? ( Y / N / A ).

item 18
Do you approve the cashrushing of a barracks after the temple in Antwerp for an unknown amount of gold ? ( Y / N / A ).

item 19
Do you approve the cashrushing of a temple in The White City for an unknown amount of gold ? ( Y / N / A ).

item 20
Do you approve the cashrushing of a marketplace after the temple in The White City for an unknown amount of gold ? ( Y / N / A ).

Senators
Do not forget to post your Slider Settings.

Item 17: Y
Item 18: Y
Item 19: Y
Item 20: Y

Also, Perfered slider settings:

40% Science, once Magnitism is finished, push it up to 70%
10% Lux

I wouldn't put an exact % on a new tech. We don't know how long it'll take to research it, or if 60% and 70% are the same value. Something like, "max out the science slider so that we get the next tech in the max number of turns while still getting a positive gpt income" would be better.

Do I get it wrong or did CG propose to only cashrush the 2 temples? He stated that only the items in bold were to be rushed...
I favor the rushes of these temples (i.e. item 17&19)
If I got it wrong and item 18 & 20 are official proposals I vote against, as I don't believe they are urgent enough. I think we should be careful with what to rush, as our GA will be over soon, and we won't get as much money in as we are used to now.

I agree with Chieftess that the slidersettings should be as flexible as they were last few turnchats.

Originally posted by gert-janl
Do I get it wrong or did CG propose to only cashrush the 2 temples? He stated that only the items in bold were to be rushed...

Now that I stoped to think about it. I did proposed to only cashrush the 2 temples. Since I did had the two on bold, I just posted my copy of the queue here and bolded the ones I need to cashrush.

Top Bottom