Term 4 - The Senate

item 23
upgrade of 2 galleys this turn for 120g. Upgrade another galley on turn 4 for 60g.
Senators Do you approve this ?
Y / N / A

item24
upgrade of 3 catapults for 60g.
Y / N / A

item 25
upgrade 11 cannons (after turn 4) for 440g.
Y / N / A

item 26
upgrade of a horseman to a cav for 100g.
Y / N / A

NEXT TIME PLEASE PUT IN YOUR REQUESTS EARLIER ! /

If financial resources allow, I support all military rushes. (items 23 to 26)

I support cultural rushes only when really necessary, i.e. when seriously under the threat of a cultural flip.

After allocating money to science, I approve spending all the rest 50:50 for improvement hurrying and unit upgrades.

There are also 10 warriors that could be rushed, but those are low on the priority scale, plus, I want to see how much gold we have after this turnchat. It might be a request in the next ten turns, though.

I vote yes on Items 23-25

Senators
A new TC is near: please discuss Slider settings here.

Lurkers
If you want to request a cashrush or upgrade for something; please post here using this format:

I, <Name + function>, hereby request a Cashrush for the rushing of <improvement name> in the city of <city-name> for the amount of <amount needed>. I prefer this is done in turn <turn-number> or when <special occurance> happens.

I, <Name + function>, hereby request the amount of <amount needed> gold for the upgrade of <number of units> units <unit-type> to <new-unit-type>. The location(s) of these units is <enter locations>
I prefer this is done in turn <turn-number> or when <special occurance> happens.

If you feel you need to add a motivation or an explanation, please post a link to the Citizen's section where you've posted the discussion. The senate is where the senators vote and discuss, non-senators shouldn't discuss here. Of course non-senators deliver the topics the Senate debates and votes about.

This is a chart of military spending that I wish to do over the course of several turnchats. First on the agenda is upgrading the 2 spears, 2 galleys, and remaining catapults, spread out over the next turnchat. After these are upgraded, I'd like to be able to rush atleast 1 musket per turn to an infantry.

Number = Number of units.
Upgrade = Cost to upgrade 1 unit.
Cost = Total cost for all units of that type.

Code:
Unit		Number	Upgrade	Cost
Musketeers	32	60	1920g
Spears		2	140	 280g
Warriors	(9)	40	 360g
Catapult	3	120	 660g
Archer		1	40	  40g
Galley		4	60	 240g
-------------------------------------
Total				3540g

[b]And just to note[/b]
Science: 60% (Medicine in 5) - 231gpt

EDIT: There is one elite warrior (hey, you never know! If an Immortal can defeat an Infantry in DG1 and spawn a Great Leader...) that I don't want upgraded. Thus the change from 10 to 9.

Since funds are limited and we do not have Leonardo's, I would act a little different:
  1. Warriors can at most upgrade to swords (3/2/1) and we have cavalry and infantry. Thus we don't want to attack with them. Thus I would NEVER upgrade them, but use them as garrison against flips only.
  2. Upgrading spears is (for now) too expensive and we better upgrade 4 muskets instead of 2 spears.
  3. Upgrading catapults is very expensive and ONLY IF the President will use them in the upcoming war should we upgrade them. (and 3*120=360;) )
  4. Since we have cavalry, we don't need a longbow. Thus I would NOT upgrade the archer but use it as garrison only.
    [/list=1] IMHO we should sell electricity to Persia for 251 gpt, 188g, wm. It gives us money for upgrades and slows Persia down for 20 turns thus increasing our lead.

And I would slow down research on medicine. Electricity should be done in 5-6 turns IMHO.

I approve upgrades as I outlined above.

I do NOT approve "around 60%" science. I vote for enough science to get scientific method in 6 turns.

Item 27: Yes

Slider: No, bump it up a little more, want to get scientifc method in 6 turns...then that will end the TC..becuase medicine due in 4...

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
Scientific Method ? We are researching Medicine (acc to my 1315 AD save). But I've included this in the instructions.

We are researching medicine whice is due in 4 turns..the we will be researching scientific method...that make sense?

Item 27: I approve upgrades of muskets and galleys only (sorry CT).

Slider: I vote to keep the slider at whatever is necessary to get scientific method within 6 turns of finishing medicine research.

Originally posted by Noldodan
Item 27: I approve upgrades of muskets and galleys only (sorry CT).

Slider: I vote to keep the slider at whatever is necessary to get scientific method within 6 turns of finishing medicine research.
You are too late. Turnchat done already. :D

PS: And I pursuaded the DP (Chieftess) to do scientific method in 5 turns. :D

GAH! Stupid turnchat times, I thought I had until this afternoon at least. Well, at least Serlie's instructions got in on time.

Have the slider at 80% Science and 10% Lux.

Definitely 0% luxuries and 100% research.

(We should get even more happiness by trading medicine, wines for the Aztec furs.)

Top Bottom