1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 5 - Sercetary of War

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Government' started by Rihiter, May 3, 2006.

1. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

Renaming the units won't be any problem. Just say when and how you want them renamed.

2. robboo

robboo Deity

no not for me/( not my department)...to make it easier after you are out of office for the garrison units.

Just so a governor doesnt get ticked if the future SoW takes a garrison unit.

3. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

Well... I'm not quite sure what You're trying to tell me. So is ther a need to change those names now or not. And if I wan't to change units names, what do I have to do, is this my departments decision or not?

4. Naphtali

Naphtali Chieftain

Maybe its only been coincidence, but when I've wanted to force the AI to talk to me, I've often gone and menaced one of their cities with a show of force. If the Khan refuses to talk I suggest moving any healthy axes a square or two towards Karakorum of Beshbalik and seeing if the Khan becomes more pragmatic about his situation.

5. robboo

robboo Deity

I think you can suggest names changes

6. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Yeh, I've noticed the more a civ feels threatened, the more they want a peace talk.

7. Oldbus

Oldbus Chief of Confusion

Cartography stuff above has been updated to 335 AD (along with the Atlas which contains city and regional screenshots)

8. Naphtali

Naphtali Chieftain

Edited: as I just saw the referendum

Remaining at war with a nation != pressing on with conquest. As others have noted capturing another city at this time will further cripple our economy. Whilst you have raised an argument about your estimated plunder from further conquest it is yet to be determined whether this would outweigh the increased maintenance costs of the expanded empire.

What is wrong with staying at war with mongolia and menacing them into giving us Maths in the near future?

9. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

For example: war warrines and yerning people of conquered cities.

Like I said before, we will advance with the attack ( if the poll allows ) but stop when they will give math. If not - wipe them.

10. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

Thank You Oldbus. Great work! :]
    With a cartographer like You war is like kicking ball with friends. :]

11. robboo

robboo Deity

Rihiter..I urge you not to raze the cities...from a strictly tactical standpoint. It would allow russia more room to expand. The hit to our economy is more acceptable then russians moving closer to BW. This is from me as a citizen not as SoS. I dont think you mentioned razing..so I am just putting thisout there. :)

12. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

Don't worry Robboo, razing those two, big, prospering and beautyfull cities is the last think I want to do :D

13. Vind2

Vind2 Woof?

Now that mongolia is vanqusihed what do you plan to do with the troops around the city?

P.S. the Spearman that is on the former Mongolian capital is the one who captured it, i think it needs renaming.

14. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

Now... hmm... it depends on what people wants. If people are looking forward to another war, I will give them war. If people are looking forward to many years of peace, I will give them peace. I cannot decide.

If there will be peace I will distribute units along the border and at high risk spots inside our country.

15. robboo

robboo Deity

MR SoW...Might I suggest we sort of stand back from a war footing and assume a defensive posture until we can get our economy in control. My gut tells me that Germany might be our next target if we manage to get more friendly with Russia

16. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

Like I said, I will do what people want. There are two ways to fix our economy:
    - the path of war and pillage
    - the path of peacefull gowth and extension
    People will decide what they want. I have my opinion to, but now I will keep it for myself for now.

17. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity

At the moment we should get our economy back on tracks and maybe aim for an maceman or Knight war.

18. Oldbus

19. Rihiter

Rihiter Lord of War

Thank you Oldbus. You're doing a great job and I am pleased with your actions :].

20. Oldbus

I'm posting as Governor of Beshbalik and just trying to clear things up before the end of the turn.

Bb currently has 2 Axemen acting as garrison. One has City Raider II and the other has a rather impressive CR III. My feeling is that a city garrison should be under control of the Governor (subject to SoW requirements in times of need, of course). However, perhaps you'd prefer to keep the CR III Axe and leave me with one Axe and one Archer if you can spare one from a city far from the borders.

What do you think?